OTT question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Siteworx

I found a set of loegering tracks and spacers. They are used but the pins aren't worn much and they look to be in really good shape. The guy wants 1000 for them. Is that a good price? Is there anything I should look for before I buy? The other question is are these hard on a machine? I've seen them on lots of machines but just never run tracks on a machine. My machine is a 2000 873G and I use it on our farm if that makes a difference. Thanks for the advice in advance

farmshop

We have run several sets of tracks on several different machines with very good results. If the tracks are in good shape with little wear that seems decent. As long as they are the correct width for the tires on your machine and are long enough you should be good

OP
OP
S

Siteworx

We have run several sets of tracks on several different machines with very good results. If the tracks are in good shape with little wear that seems decent. As long as they are the correct width for the tires on your machine and are long enough you should be good
The size is correct and they came off of a 873 which is what I have so I am going to pick them up. I was just concerned about them being hard on wheel bearings or axles.

foton

The size is correct and they came off of a 873 which is what I have so I am going to pick them up. I was just concerned about them being hard on wheel bearings or axles.
they must be tensioned correctly as anything else. What you have to be careful of is getting to much build up between the tires and the tracks changing the tension to being to tight . As wet clay and large gravel jamming thinks up, just do not force it to move, clean it out and continue working. But what I have done with the ott system is worth the inconvenience.

farmshop

We never had problems. There was a time we had tracks on a machine year round for probably 4 years till we bought a dedicated track machine. I wouldn't worry about the tracks getting too tight they tend to get loose pretty quick. We used to let air out of tires before tightening tracks to try and get them tighter in bad conditions.

foton

We never had problems. There was a time we had tracks on a machine year round for probably 4 years till we bought a dedicated track machine. I wouldn't worry about the tracks getting too tight they tend to get loose pretty quick. We used to let air out of tires before tightening tracks to try and get them tighter in bad conditions.
one thing that need to be said is that you might need to weld a block on the place were the frame of the skid steer bottoms out on the lifting arm assm. as when you add tracks it takes away clearance and the tracks will hit the frame and or bucket in the full down position. 3/4 inch plate is what I have seen needed. your dirt skimming will be affected as the bucket will have to be angled down slightly also ,you will have to get used to that.