Operation Advice

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

515mseibel

Hello all I am new to Compact track loaders; I have an Agg equipment background. I am looking for any operational advice that will help me be efficient, safe, and prolong the life the machine (in particular the all expensive undercarriage and tracks) I am also willing to take and advice on preventative service, etc. All I think I really know about them is to avoid spinning and turn more slowly. I also think form what I have read this is more important the harder the ground surface is as you prevent shearing forces on the tracks. These are wonderful machines and I have had a need for one for years, if everything works out I will have one in under a month but I don't want to make the mistake of treating it like a mini tractor and assume I know what I'm doing. Thanks in advance Mike

7LBSSMALLIE

utilize float cut drive motor interval in half to 500 hrs(lube change) rev put 75% more stress on tracks than fwd. plan youre turns not a skid steer:: stay off asphalt and concrete if possible. track teninsion is important as well as keeping clean. i think you will be pleased, job time cut in half ,no flats you have try to get it stuck. and bucket will get out mostly,