OMC/Mustang 320 charging system

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JP@7K8

Hello to the community. I have an oldie, and what has been a goodie … an OMC 320. I am having problems w/ the charging system. So here is what's going on: getting about 7 volts at the battery under normal configuration. Discovered by accident that if I de-mounted (un-bolted voltage regulator) from the skidsteer's frame, the charging system would deliver about 18 volts to the battery. I have exhausted all resources I could think of to find a new old stock voltage regulator (ONAN part #191-0939). The wiring set-up: the Voltage Regulator has 2 wires attached to it, and the Current Rectifier has 3 wires going to it. Knowing this is old technology, but still the same basic technology utilized by many small engines for electrical charging and with the purpose of acquiring parts, might there be a way to change the system over to the more modern configuration of just a total of 3 wires to a single box? Oh and the nearly forgotten and obvious question: anyone know where one could get a new old stock voltage regulator? Thanks for all your insight!