older 853 bics problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

i have just purchased an older 853 i think it is around a 94 model. My seat sensor is bad. I have read alot of threads of advise. My question is that when i try and raise my lift arms i hear the pump trying to pump is that common. or is something else wrong also. I have been told alot of different things. I know from reading this forum that the sensor cannot be bypassed. I also know that the bics system operates with several different voltages. You gotta hand it to bobcat on that one they know how to have repeat customers. Anyway i did try and bypass the bics with 10 volts at control valves. They had a tag on them that said 10 volt propertional. Im afraid if i spend 200 on the push to operate system i might have the same problem. It looks someone other than bobcat has done some wiring behind the left top dash. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. I would like to ask one question i keep reading yall talk about a valve with a spring that could be stuck could someone direct me to its location.

OP
OP
A
i apologize did not give main problem. my lift or tilt will not work but my traction lock brake operates fine my seat bar operates fine also. I have two of the four lights lit. Am i to assume that when i fix the seat light the lift and tilt light will come on then or is there another safety that has to be unlocked. Thanks for any help.

Tazza

Staff member
i apologize did not give main problem. my lift or tilt will not work but my traction lock brake operates fine my seat bar operates fine also. I have two of the four lights lit. Am i to assume that when i fix the seat light the lift and tilt light will come on then or is there another safety that has to be unlocked. Thanks for any help.
If you fix the seat switch the problem should be fixed. You can by-pass the switch! its a sensor and a magnet, if you insert the magnet into the sensor so the light comes on you can then glue it in place. This is very common when the seat rots out, you get all sorts of problems. Its better when its sensitive and you are scooting along then the park brake comes on and tries to throw you out the seat!!!

skidboy

If you fix the seat switch the problem should be fixed. You can by-pass the switch! its a sensor and a magnet, if you insert the magnet into the sensor so the light comes on you can then glue it in place. This is very common when the seat rots out, you get all sorts of problems. Its better when its sensitive and you are scooting along then the park brake comes on and tries to throw you out the seat!!!
Tazza
If you have your system operating correctly you can lift your bum of the seat and the brake will not come on.If you have a problem with your seat bar sensor it definately will.Also be aware that if you glue up the seat sensor your traction lock overide button will not work.This will only be a problem if you have a backhoe attached.(you cannot put your brake or off from the backhoe seat)

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza
If you have your system operating correctly you can lift your bum of the seat and the brake will not come on.If you have a problem with your seat bar sensor it definately will.Also be aware that if you glue up the seat sensor your traction lock overide button will not work.This will only be a problem if you have a backhoe attached.(you cannot put your brake or off from the backhoe seat)
Really? i went and over-rode a seat sensor for a made mate a few years back but he never needed that *feature* as he never used a hoe.
As for the traction lock override, I'll need to look into that as the seat I'm going to use won't have a sensor and I'll be using a hoe attachment. More things to consider i guess.
I'm still learning about all the new fangled things on current machines :) I'm getting there.... SLOWLY

skidboy

Really? i went and over-rode a seat sensor for a made mate a few years back but he never needed that *feature* as he never used a hoe.
As for the traction lock override, I'll need to look into that as the seat I'm going to use won't have a sensor and I'll be using a hoe attachment. More things to consider i guess.
I'm still learning about all the new fangled things on current machines :) I'm getting there.... SLOWLY
You could overcome this problem by moving your floor mounted park brake to up on your dash. It is only a switch and all newer machines have it up on the dash anyway. That way you can reach around and switch the brake on and off (as long as the seatbar is down)

Tazza

Staff member
You could overcome this problem by moving your floor mounted park brake to up on your dash. It is only a switch and all newer machines have it up on the dash anyway. That way you can reach around and switch the brake on and off (as long as the seatbar is down)
Good idea, I'll have to look into doing that when i get around to working on the 763, i have far too many projects on the go at once!

OP
OP
A
Good idea, I'll have to look into doing that when i get around to working on the 763, i have far too many projects on the go at once!
guys i thank you for the good advise. I tried that but the problem i have is the sensor itself is not working found that out when i removed and started to line up the magnet for the sensor to detect it. dead as hick i guess whatever is inside the black housing of the switch is bad. Although it looks like that whats inside the switch, the way its made, would not go bad. Does the switch not need to be grounded to something. Im just pondering. Just to make sure now i have two little round magnets embedded in the white surround that goes between the actual bolt or shaft that screws to the seat and the black housing. To give yall a little humor my brother came by who is a lawnmower mechanic and told me all i had to do was tie two of the three wires together and i said noop that want work he bet me 10.00 it would. Well im 10 dollars richer today the light did come on and then started blinking 3 flashes when he tied the wires together. I knew that would not work. but i know that there are three wires one with 12 volts one with 11 volts and one with 1 volt. he left and i came back to the computer.

perry

guys i thank you for the good advise. I tried that but the problem i have is the sensor itself is not working found that out when i removed and started to line up the magnet for the sensor to detect it. dead as hick i guess whatever is inside the black housing of the switch is bad. Although it looks like that whats inside the switch, the way its made, would not go bad. Does the switch not need to be grounded to something. Im just pondering. Just to make sure now i have two little round magnets embedded in the white surround that goes between the actual bolt or shaft that screws to the seat and the black housing. To give yall a little humor my brother came by who is a lawnmower mechanic and told me all i had to do was tie two of the three wires together and i said noop that want work he bet me 10.00 it would. Well im 10 dollars richer today the light did come on and then started blinking 3 flashes when he tied the wires together. I knew that would not work. but i know that there are three wires one with 12 volts one with 11 volts and one with 1 volt. he left and i came back to the computer.
I went through the same thing with my 853, if you notice there are three tits on the sensor which make it almost impossible to bypass because of some kind of alignment. Go ahead and get the bypass kit and a new seat, worry free.

OP
OP
A
I went through the same thing with my 853, if you notice there are three tits on the sensor which make it almost impossible to bypass because of some kind of alignment. Go ahead and get the bypass kit and a new seat, worry free.
ok there is my problem i think i only have two tits on my sensor and it looks as though it use to have to have three.

perry

ok there is my problem i think i only have two tits on my sensor and it looks as though it use to have to have three.
I could be mistaken on the number?, That was one of my first problems and soon found BC over engineers these things so your confined to buying their parts.

skidboy

I could be mistaken on the number?, That was one of my first problems and soon found BC over engineers these things so your confined to buying their parts.
You will find there are only 2 magnets, the other is an empty hole

OP
OP
A
You will find there are only 2 magnets, the other is an empty hole
ok thanks im gonna try and buy the seat switch or i guess the changeover kit. i dug holes today with a handheld auger and a pair of hole diggers not much fun especially knowing i have a bobcat sitting at home.

OP
OP
A
ok thanks im gonna try and buy the seat switch or i guess the changeover kit. i dug holes today with a handheld auger and a pair of hole diggers not much fun especially knowing i have a bobcat sitting at home.
ok guys i accidently ran over the seat switch because i left it on one of the tires as i was moving it backwards and forwards. Nevertheless now it is working. but now my traction lock brack will not kick off. Im gonna post a new thread as to this problem thanks

OP
OP
A
ok guys i accidently ran over the seat switch because i left it on one of the tires as i was moving it backwards and forwards. Nevertheless now it is working. but now my traction lock brack will not kick off. Im gonna post a new thread as to this problem thanks
would someone know what to do. could it be something to do with my foot brake switch? Yall got me this far i figure maybe yall can get me home. My lift and tilt is now working.

perry

would someone know what to do. could it be something to do with my foot brake switch? Yall got me this far i figure maybe yall can get me home. My lift and tilt is now working.
You ran over it and now it works!!!!, why didn't I do that?. could have saved a couple hundred bucks!. hang on, somebody here will assist.

OP
OP
A
You ran over it and now it works!!!!, why didn't I do that?. could have saved a couple hundred bucks!. hang on, somebody here will assist.
Problem is fixed skidsteer is working properly. I forgot and left the floor brake activated. I cant thank all you guys enough for the wealth of knowledge and the willingness to share it and help out the fellow man. There needs to be more guys like yall around. So until next time happy skid steering.