Oil for Bobcat 632 (not the motor oil)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

slk

Hey guys.... I have a couple of questions about my 632. First are there two oil reservoirs on this machine. One that the chains sit in and one for the rest of the machine? Is the one the chains are sitting in the drive reservoir. Reason for asking is that for about the first hour of operation the machine runs just fine and turns great even on asphalt, but after a good hour of use it seams the oil gets hot and the turning suffers on hard surfaces. Bobcat dealer has recommended using 46 weight hydrolic oil. I have been using that in the tank that is behind the seat, and checking the top petcock regularly. It also says you should check that tank on the bottom of the machine through the hole in the front. If oil come out you are good there. Should I be using 46 weight in that place as well????? Thanks Steve

reaperman

The chain case oil between your feet is only to lubricate the chains and sprockets. It should never get hot as its only function is basically an oil bath. That said, most any oil can be used. On most bobcats 10w-30 motor oil is recommended. Some users will use the old hydraulic oil from their machine to put into the chain case when changing their hydro fluid. Since the only purpose is lubrication most any oil will work. In time, water can get into the chain case just like mice can get into just about anything, it just happens. The best is to remove the top plate of the chain case and pump the oil out. With the top plate off, and oil removed its easier to do a bit more cleaning inside the case. Take some diesel fuel and slosh it around. It helps clean things up. Make sure the top plate is sealed up good. Bobcat makes some fancy caulk that works great for sealing up the plate again. Any dealer will have it, its not too expensive, under $10 for a tube last time I bought one.