no up boom on my 763 G series

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Waynard

I have an older 763 G series. Problem started a few days back when lifting the boom it felt like the pedal was sticking. Had to kick it pretty good to get the boom to rise.
Now nothing. The bucket is on the ground and will not rise. Tilt seems to work. I see that there is a solenoid on the valve body for rise that is likely not pulling the pin on the valve. Can test the solenoid with 12v directly? Where is it fed from and is it interlocked with other solenoids? Is there a wiring diagram?
This problem came on gradually with the valve becoming sticky. Maybe I just have to replace the solenoid, but would like to test it first.
Thanks for any help.

jambalini

As soon as you press the green button to operate the loader, both solenoids should retract the pins from the tilt and the lift valves. Simply remove the solenoid, plug it back in and see if the pin moves once you press the activate button. You could also swap over the plugs to see if you have a wiring issue as you know the tilt one is ok so see if the issue moves to the tilt valve.