no spark on 610

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

maineshops

i've got no spark on my 610. the wireing is a mess do i need 12 v from the battery to the coil or does it get its low voltage from the mag?

OldMachinist

Yes you need 12v positive to the coil. If the wires are original the yellow wire fron the ignition switch goes to the coil +.
610_wiring001.jpg picture by calfranch

OP
OP
M

maineshops

Yes you need 12v positive to the coil. If the wires are original the yellow wire fron the ignition switch goes to the coil +.
thanks old machinest. what happened i think is that the drive belt grabbed a handful of wires and ate them. my ability to troubleshoot wireing is limited. no brain i guess. not much original as far as wireing. i did replace the alternator and got it charging but i really need to stop using her and rewire. right after all the honey do's. i'm a retired tool and die maker and have a lathe and a mill so hopefully i can help this old girl. it sure is a lot of fun and a work saver. i've got a backhoe for it too. i need to get ti hooked on one day and see whak kind of mess i can make with it. it was dropped off at my house when i wasn't home and i had no clue even how to start it. what a comady it was watching me just learn to operate it

overseas

With the key in the on position, there should be 12 volts to one side of the coil if the points in the distributor are open. If the points in the distributor are closed, both sides of the coil will have power. Do not leave the key on very long if 610 is not running because it will burn the points up. If you put a test light on the distributor side of the coil & crank it over, you should get a flashing light. That will tell you that part of the ignition is operating properly. (if the point gap is correct)