no electrical power

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hey guys, new to the site, and takeuchi, so please bare with me. working on a 2002 tl130, was driving and operating fine and then stopped dead in its tracks. when a re-start was attempted, there was absolutely no power. no cluster indicator, relay clicking, solenoid noise, etc. pulled out the trusty DMM and had 12.71 at the battery. started testind the fuse block and had only 1 fuse with 12V (bottom right). all others had 4.3 V, but none blown. removed the block and all fuses, and had 12.71V at all posts of the block. I started with the bottom right fuse and added 1 by 1 and when i got to right side, 3 down, the the entire fuse block went down to 4.3V. I removed, cycled the ignition, and back to 12.71V. continued inserting fuses and duplicated this with right side 2 down, and left side 4 down. did the whole scematic thing, and visual, and all 3 of thes3 are part of the 8 ga. to 12 ga./ 4 wire splitter on the back of the fuse block. the thing is, the fourth fuse powered by this splitter isn't causing an issue and is showing good voltage as long as the other 3 are not plugged in. I also duplicated this same cenario with all 3 fuses out and by plugging the female side of the instrument cluster in. grabbed a new one off the shelf thinking it was shorted but got the samr thing! I got some help from Perimeter Takeuchi and even they were stumped. I installed a known good ignition switch and still nothing. no power at any relays at the toe-kick except for the 1 that is tied into that constant power bottom fuse I mentioned earlier. really pulling my hair out, and nothing is jumping out on the wirring diagram as a common pathway for these 3 circuits. any experience with this? sorry for writting a book

Tazza

Staff member
Are you sure the battery is good? When no load, the voltage can be 12, but under load it can drop right down which sounds like what is happening. Can you jump the starter to see if it cranks? You should just need to jump the small power wire on the starter to +12v, if it doesn't crank, your battery is dead.