NH lx 885 lost left side drive

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

offthewall1

Have a NH lx885 that lost left side drive. Was working fine until charge pressure switch went bad. I replaced the switch and it ran fine for a few hours then left side just stopped. Checked linkages and they're all good. Noticed that there is no whining from the hydrosta pump when I move the left drive handle. I jacked left side up and tried rotating tires and tires would both move just a hair so I'm assuming chain is still in tact. Find some info about capping off the two big hydraulic fittings on top of the pump and slowly work lever with engine running. When I done this the left side pump didn't stall at all. Tried the right side just to verify I was doing the test right, and the right side would whine and stall engine down. I did notice some air when I cracked those two hoses on top of the left side pump. Leaning towards possibly a bad pump but want to be sure before I remove it. I also checked the drive gear for the pump that splines with gear on the flywheel and it is attached and in good shape. Thanks

Mike10

If the boom and bucket work the connection between the engine and left hydro pump is good. This leaves You with either an internal pump problem or the servo which the lever attaches too is not working.

OP
OP
O

offthewall1

If the boom and bucket work the connection between the engine and left hydro pump is good. This leaves You with either an internal pump problem or the servo which the lever attaches too is not working.
That's what I was thinking, it's just strange how the pump doesn't even sound like it's trying to do anything at all. Is there another way of testing that pump just for further verification other than the test with capping the two hose fittings on top of the pump? Thanks for the response

MattGus64

That's what I was thinking, it's just strange how the pump doesn't even sound like it's trying to do anything at all. Is there another way of testing that pump just for further verification other than the test with capping the two hose fittings on top of the pump? Thanks for the response
I am dealing with the same problem. Did you ever figure out what happened?