NH LS160

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Moobeast1972

Hello all, new to the forum. I run a dairy farm in central NY, we run 3 different skidsteers, currently a NHLS160, a JD 318G, and a BobcatS185. I have 2 issues with the LS160, I'll post the first one, be back with the second. TIA 1) We use this machine to run a silage facer with the auxiliary hydraulics, but it doesn't have the power to run the machine unless you're very careful not to cut too deep, or else the cutter\roller stops. We've used this attachment on the JD318 a few times and it works great, spins much faster and never jams. The 2 machines have identical flow rates according to specs, the JD runs a hydraulic pressure about 30% higher than the NH. The JD is a year old, the NH has almost 6000 hours on it; it has plenty of fluid in it and filter was changed recently. Is the system pressure difference a big factor here in the poor performance of the NH, or age? Would a re-build of the hydraulic pump help, or replacement with a reman? Or something else, control valves maybe?

foton

I believe that is is more of a flow problem not a pressure problem, maybe a restriction somewhere since filters were changed like a filter screen that is in the system somewhere? If not it would most likely be pump as a guess.