NewGuy with 440, T bar conversation?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lakemaster

Hello everyone, new to the site.

I bought a dead 440 last year, guy ran the 1.6 out of oil... Added a universal vtwin air cooled motor and was back in action.

Anyways, I truly dislike the T bar system. Curious if anyone has converted it to stick controls already. I plan on using 3/8 steel rod and clevis joints.

The machine has a leaking wheel seal and had a seal leaking on the danfoss pump, we changed the seals on the pump when we were mounting the new motor into the subframe. Overall the machine is really clean and happy for being a 74 unit.

Firefighter

Sky is the limit, anything is possible but i think i would use something more rigid that doesn't bend.
I have been around T- bars for twenty plus years, I would run with the t bar once you get used to it its simpler n smoother to run other, than having to climb over it, i have no issue running them, plus u have a free hand if needed

OP
OP
L

lakemaster

So I had an idea I'm going to run with.

I wanted to make a quick disconnect system to the t bar unit to make it easier climbing into the seat.

Found an mini 8.5" Grant steering wheel.
Going to put a pipe over the t bar until and make it is own quick removal system.

OP
OP
L

lakemaster

I think a skid steer with a steering wheel would be pretty interesting. I'll try it and take pictures along the way.