newbie from farmington hills,Mi

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

demodan

hey everyone just saying hello. I do demolition and light excavation. have a cat 268b with a grapple bucket which rarely come's off machine! rockaway rake forks, big tex 14'dump trailer which gets ton's of use, cat 302.5 mini which comes in handy for pool demo's usually rent a breaker for it. also a 20 ton excavator with a 5 finger grapple. its a linkbelt LS 2800A. also a flatbed 18' Brimar trailer which carries my 105 gallon fuel tank screwed down up front and still plenty of room for machine's!!!

Tazza

Staff member
Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have a sweet setup.
Not a bad idea renting a breaker when needed, you then don't need to service it, just pass on the rent to the customer.

OP
OP
D

demodan

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have a sweet setup.
Not a bad idea renting a breaker when needed, you then don't need to service it, just pass on the rent to the customer.
You got it,I'll eventually end up buying a breaker as things get busier!! Do you flip bobcats or something? I bought a 873 for 7kaux hydros didn't work,but a little Wd-40 and a wire brush fixed that,then sold for 14k.

SkidRoe

You got it,I'll eventually end up buying a breaker as things get busier!! Do you flip bobcats or something? I bought a 873 for 7kaux hydros didn't work,but a little Wd-40 and a wire brush fixed that,then sold for 14k.
Welcome to the Forum!
It is not unusual for guys to rent both the breaker and a machine at the same time, as breakers can be hard on things.
There are a few guys on the Forum that flip machines. Sounds like you got lucky on the 873.
Cheers - SR

Tazza

Staff member
Welcome to the Forum!
It is not unusual for guys to rent both the breaker and a machine at the same time, as breakers can be hard on things.
There are a few guys on the Forum that flip machines. Sounds like you got lucky on the 873.
Cheers - SR
Not sure i'd call it flipping as such, i used to buy then, do them up then sell, i only flipped two that basically went the same way i bought them.