Newb from KC

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

weidjd

Looking to purchase first SS for use around home and pt business. Looking to learn a bunch before a buy.

OP
OP
W

weidjd

Welcome to the site.
Any brands/models you have been looking at?
Really have no perticular machine in mind. Want something with at least 1500lb lift and enough hydro flow for most all attachments. The wife would like to stay under 10k.

Tazza

Staff member
Really have no perticular machine in mind. Want something with at least 1500lb lift and enough hydro flow for most all attachments. The wife would like to stay under 10k.
A bobcat 753 would fit that bill i believe. I can't remember exactly off hand it's lifiting capability, but i thought it was 1,400/1,500 lb mark.
They are pretty common, so parts are easily available.

OP
OP
W

weidjd

A bobcat 753 would fit that bill i believe. I can't remember exactly off hand it's lifiting capability, but i thought it was 1,400/1,500 lb mark.
They are pretty common, so parts are easily available.
Thanks you would prefer BC over o ther brands in that price range?

1ofU

Thanks you would prefer BC over o ther brands in that price range?
Hello,
Welcome to the site ...
I'm 65 miles NE of KC.MO in Carroll County .
i run 2 bobcats 825 & 873
look on KC Craiglist theres a 7753 on it in Blue Springs
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/hvo/4980801715.html
1993 7753 bobcat - $7000 (Blue springs)
condition: good
make / manufacturer: Bobcst
model name / number: 7753
Needs a lift cylinder on left side has 4000 hours also has newer tires and new drive chains runs great everything works as should except for the cylinder

Tazza

Staff member
Hello,
Welcome to the site ...
I'm 65 miles NE of KC.MO in Carroll County .
i run 2 bobcats 825 & 873
look on KC Craiglist theres a 7753 on it in Blue Springs
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/hvo/4980801715.html
1993 7753 bobcat - $7000 (Blue springs)
condition: good
make / manufacturer: Bobcst
model name / number: 7753
Needs a lift cylinder on left side has 4000 hours also has newer tires and new drive chains runs great everything works as should except for the cylinder
I do rather Bobcat, but i have never worked on other brands. I have heard stories about the issues of getting parts for other brands, i have never had that issue with bobcat spares.
With that said, there are real lemons of machines out there, like cars. The hope is you don't get one.
Whatever way you go, the general tests that you should perform are:
Start it cold, stone cold. Feel the engine to make sure it has not been started earlier to make you think it's better than it really is. Note the smoke at startup, and how long it takes to clear.
Push the bucket up against a tree or other un-movable object. You should be able to get the wheels to spin in the dirt. Not always both sides at once, and not always at full speed.
There will be linkage wear, just check that it's not too bad

Latest posts