New to Forum

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Meathead

I have a New Holland L785 with a bad boom lift cylinder Part # 596563 that needs replaced and part is discontinued I have call numerous places with no luck and cannot be rebuilt anyone know of a replacement or aftermarket that will fit? As many places I've call including New Holland nobody seems to have a answer or cross reference number. Appreciate any help.

brdgbldr

I have a New Holland L785 with a bad boom lift cylinder Part # 596563 that needs replaced and part is discontinued I have call numerous places with no luck and cannot be rebuilt anyone know of a replacement or aftermarket that will fit? As many places I've call including New Holland nobody seems to have a answer or cross reference number. Appreciate any help.
You could try this place:
I've had luck with them in the past.

Most places that I checked were out of stock.
You could take the old one into a good hydraulic shop and see if they could find an after market replacement.

mrbb

I would also maybe suggest trying to contact a LONG time NH dealer, or case dealer, as both of them pretty much had same machines(chevy/gmc deal)
but the older dealers may have more experience with the older machines, were as newer shops, with newer techs, won't have a clue really! as they just don;'t have the experience with this older stuff to know much about it, a place like messick's might be worth a reach out too on a compatible cylinder to try!, or look on Ebay or even old salvage yards that handle equipment more than basic vehicles!
it would up your odds of finding a used one maybe!

mrbb

had some time to kill, so gave things a look for you, ??
NOT sure where your at but this place has one, but only in person pick up it seems? so if your close to where they have one, you might get one from them, (590 bucks used)

https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/hydraulic-boom-cylinder-used-new-holland-404638.html

and I went to messick's and they show can get you one in 1-3 business days for $ 1,106.35 each, so maybe they have a contact they can still get them , other NH dealer 's show as discontinued, but they don't, so?? never know?

https://www.messicks.com/part/596563/cylinder

from web site

CYLINDER- CYLINDER
596563$1,106.353-7 business days

cedolvin

What is going on with the cylinder that causes it not to be rebuilt? Seems like a knowledgeable hydraulic shop could take care of this for you unless it is damaged somewhere.

OP
OP
M

Meathead

OP
OP
M

Meathead

had some time to kill, so gave things a look for you, ??
NOT sure where your at but this place has one, but only in person pick up it seems? so if your close to where they have one, you might get one from them, (590 bucks used)

https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/hydraulic-boom-cylinder-used-new-holland-404638.html

and I went to messick's and they show can get you one in 1-3 business days for $ 1,106.35 each, so maybe they have a contact they can still get them , other NH dealer 's show as discontinued, but they don't, so?? never know?

https://www.messicks.com/part/596563/cylinder

from web site

CYLINDER- CYLINDER
596563$1,106.353-7 business days

OP
OP
M

Meathead

What is going on with the cylinder that causes it not to be rebuilt? Seems like a knowledgeable hydraulic shop could take care of this for you unless it is damaged somewhere.
I had it rebuilt once started leaking again shop says it's bent slightly and they are helping with finding one also . Thanks

mrbb

a good machine shop can make you a new one, won't be cheap though! I'd contact one of the longest in business Hydraulic hose shop near you and ask them who they know that builds cylinders or repairs them(they might themselves) people that worked in this business along time can be a huge source of contact for things related to hoses and hydraulic's and could be a place that isn;t listed on the world wide web, many shops that do this work have more than enough work from word of mouth they don;t have to advertise , or could be some that work on the side from home and well, don't want the attention of being a local business, and word of mouth keeps them as busy as they want to be!
like they say, never know till you ask!
its worth trying IMO!

OP
OP
M

Meathead

a good machine shop can make you a new one, won't be cheap though! I'd contact one of the longest in business Hydraulic hose shop near you and ask them who they know that builds cylinders or repairs them(they might themselves) people that worked in this business along time can be a huge source of contact for things related to hoses and hydraulic's and could be a place that isn;t listed on the world wide web, many shops that do this work have more than enough work from word of mouth they don;t have to advertise , or could be some that work on the side from home and well, don't want the attention of being a local business, and word of mouth keeps them as busy as they want to be!
like they say, never know till you ask!
its worth trying IMO!
Thank you I will do that.

Jim A

Try Hercules hydraulic in Florida for all seals orings by size..I rebuilt many many odd ball cylinders by size .

Jyuma1

Also you can try CRC in Robertsdale Alabama. I needed to rebuild a 40 year old BH108 backhoe boom cylinder and couldn't find any cross reference for gland and rod seals. I went to their website and entered the dimensions of the seals and they sent me exact replacements for $60 bucks.
Worth a try. https://www.crconline.com/catsearch/15/seals

Jim A

Hercules hydraulic seals Florida has all seals y size . I use them on older equipment they have all sizes designs .