New member, new to skidsteers

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jesset1234

Hello all! Name is Jesse. Just bought a 1975 m444 for my first skidsteer. I dont know much about these things but am eager to learn! Serial plate shows 2505 444. If anyone has a manual or any other info for me that would be great! Thanks!
20220409_163821.jpg

SkidRoe

Welcome to the Forum!! How did you establish 1975 as the year of manufacture? You must have a very late one - as I thought they were superseded in the late 60's...

Ebay is a good place to look for manuals - good luck!

OP
OP
J

Jesset1234

Welcome to the Forum!! How did you establish 1975 as the year of manufacture? You must have a very late one - as I thought they were superseded in the late 60's...

Ebay is a good place to look for manuals - good luck!
Thanks! The ad said 1975 bobcat m444. Not sure how the previous owner thought it was a 1975. How would I verify the year of this thing?

SkidRoe

I think you would have to get a hold of Bobcat for a definitive answer, and even then, records may be sketchy. The most important part is to have your s/n available for parts ordering - year of manufacture does not really mean much with Bobcats.

The manual you are looking for will likely cover the M444, the M500, the M600, and the M610/611. They are all somewhat similar machines, with engines being the big difference.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
J

Jesset1234

I think you would have to get a hold of Bobcat for a definitive answer, and even then, records may be sketchy. The most important part is to have your s/n available for parts ordering - year of manufacture does not really mean much with Bobcats.

The manual you are looking for will likely cover the M444, the M500, the M600, and the M610/611. They are all somewhat similar machines, with engines being the big difference.

Hope this helps
Hey thank you, it's a start. It has the onan engine. I'll give them a call

thedassler

Looks like a really clean machine. I'm not very active, but this has been a great resource and I've had help from some friendly members, so welcome to the forum.