New member from Northern MI

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MichiganDon

Hi everyone. Looking at getting into a skid steer for processing firewood. Need something with 3000 psi and minimum 15 gpm. Looking for a used machine.

Currently have an LS XR4140 HST cab tractor but the processor I wish to purchase needs more hydraulic flow and capacity.

I might be selling the tractor if the SS works out for me. My needs are to process firewood and to handle snow removal on my property. I think a SS will be better and cheaper than a CTL. Snow removal is on flat terrain with gravel lot and drive. We get 100-120" of snow a year. Not sure a low volume SS will do the job with a blower. Never operated a SS before so lots to learn.

brdgbldr

Having the high flow is always nice. It gives you more options for attachments. Also, some attachment take an electrical hookup and return hydraulic line, so make sure the skid steer and attachments you want will work together or can be modified to work.

I watched a video with a firewood processor on a Bobcat that could pick up an 8' log, and in less than a minute, turn the entire log into a pile of 16" split firewood. The operator never had to leave the cab. Pretty cool but I think the processor cost as much as the Bobcat.