New member and Desperate

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dphotch

Hi , David Hotchkiss here! Retired Hot Rod shop owner from Denver! Moved up to Red Feathers lakes Co few years back ! I'm in the middle of nowhere up here! Off grid ! Level 6 road and tough to get here! My skid steer is 2015 262D and have had this problem since day 1 buying it used ! Of course the seller said it was fine! Anyways very mechanical so I've looked at but need Hydraulic flow chart or such to help dish my Left side won't move cold! Sometimes happens even after getting unstuck? Seems like it has a sticky valve / brake solenoid somewhere? If you slam bucket down then throttle down you can get it to unstuck especially warm ! If come best way warm it up then shut off and restart ?? I have a generic CAN Do scanner and never get any codes ! Any help would be great

cdmccul

Welcome aboard!

I don't have any suggestions for you, but in sure someone here will help you.

Does sound like a sticky spool somewhere.

You should have a few in-line filters going to your pilot control body. Follow all the lines from the pilot control body until you find the inline filter. Open it up and use compressed air @ 120 psi and blow them both out as you don't know right or left. Google inline hydraulic filter so you get an idea of what it looks like.

Hope that helps you out and let me know

You should have a few in-line filters going to your pilot control body. Follow all the lines from the pilot control body until you find the inline filter. Open it up and use compressed air @ 120 psi and blow them both out as you don't know right or left. Google inline hydraulic filter so you get an idea of what it looks like.

Hope that helps you out and let me know

Attachments

• lva12726.jpg
    lva12726.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
D

dphotch

Hi, thanks for sharing! I don't see any inline filters from sol block to motors! Here's a video of my dilemma

sethb411

I know on Bobcats the inline filter is between the final drive motors and the reservoir. They are a sintered bronze filter inside a small metal housing like the picture above.

Only clean them to get by temporarily. You have no idea how much flow is being restricted even if they have been cleaned and blown out.

Jyuma1

For what it's worth, the device shown in the picture above looks more like a flow control device rather than a "filter".
I know nothing about Bobcat hydraulics but on my Thomas, I have two flow control devices mounted on the pilot controls that are used to restrict flow to a specific direction (notice the arrow on the device). Generally, there are 1 or 2 filters on the overall hydraulic plumbing, 1 on the supply and 1 on the return (some systems don't filter the return).

If a flow direction device is sticking, it could very well restrict or even block the flow in the line. The pressure in the line is in lbs. per square inch, and there is far less that a square inch area inside that device. The fact that "slamming" the control can sometimes clear the flow is very telling.

I can't see that device in the picture being a "filter" as it is far too small to be an effective filter on a hydraulic line. I don't know that to be true in all cases, it's just my opinion based on those same devices being found on my Thomas and what they are used for in my application.

Good luck.

ghs57

That's the bobcat in-line filter.

I just changed both my right and left in my S175, and discovered some fragments of the hydraulic motor seals in both, which means it's time to replace the seals in both. Seal kits are currently out of stock at bobcat. (I also owned an older Thomas, but it had nothing similar).

haymaker

That's the bobcat in-line filter.

I just changed both my right and left in my S175, and discovered some fragments of the hydraulic motor seals in both, which means it's time to replace the seals in both. Seal kits are currently out of stock at bobcat. (I also owned an older Thomas, but it had nothing similar).
Bummer! But very smart to look for them.