New member - about me

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

KP Contracting

Hey all, been reading in here for several months and figured I'd join.

I'm a mechanical design engineer for delta air lines. Particularly aircraft engine tooling. I am a jack of all trades - do remodels here and there. Most recently last year I started my own grading, clearing, drainage company and also do some really cool post frame retaining walls.

It's my side gig/passion that's turned into a real bread winner. I run a new bobcat T76 that I've been for the most part pretty happy with. I was choosing between it and the Kubota 75. Didn't care for the CAT due to price and maintenance cost. Basically get a smaller machine for the same price with them. While the Kubota I was very close to getting I didn't like the interior (i know that doesn't matter), but also hated having a DPF. The T76 just felt like it was ahead of it in all aspects.

Herd a lot of bad about Deere in my area. Then there is Takeuchi but I couldn't get my hands on one for several more months but I hear they are the hot ticket. All in all been happy with the T76 it's a beast and a very comfortable machine. Had one electrical issue that bobcat took care off which is another reason why I got it, I have a lot of bobcat servicing in my area (Atlanta).

Anyways just hear to get users thoughts on the T76 cause it's fairly new and also read up on other equipment.

OP
OP
K

KP Contracting

Forgot about two grudges I had with the machine.

1) I did shatter the glass on time (100% my fault). The curved glass ($450 not crazy) was a kind of a pain to swap. Took me several hours but it is what it is.

2) that one damn grease fitting on the side. Where the dumb engineer at bobcat made it 1" dia hole instead of 1.5" so you can't fit a quick lube fitting thru to grease it. I'm tempted to put a mag drill on it and open it up.