New Machine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

emilbanks

Well, I did it, sold mt Gehl and bought a brand new A300 bob cat. It's sweet I really like flicking a switch to go from skid drive to all wheel drive If i knew how to post a picture I would post it. This is a great site lots of good information Emil

bcollida

Emil, Wow great news. it must be nice to have that kind of cash. After you have it for a while , it would be great to hear how it compares to your old machine, did it provide you any efficencies was it more or less expensive to maintain. I'm not sure what the value/benefit is of being able to switch from skid to all wheel drive or actually if you had all wheel drive why would you switch backt skid steer mode

Tazza

Staff member
Emil, Wow great news. it must be nice to have that kind of cash. After you have it for a while , it would be great to hear how it compares to your old machine, did it provide you any efficencies was it more or less expensive to maintain. I'm not sure what the value/benefit is of being able to switch from skid to all wheel drive or actually if you had all wheel drive why would you switch backt skid steer mode
Congrats on the new machine!
I'd like to hear how it goes too, i don't want to scare you, but i have heard horror stories of "A" series machines. I hope yours doesn't turn out to be one of them. There were actuator problems, wheel sensors, leaks, the list went on and on. It was all under warranty, but so much down time.
I hope i didn't just jinx you o_O

OP
OP
E

emilbanks

Congrats on the new machine!
I'd like to hear how it goes too, i don't want to scare you, but i have heard horror stories of "A" series machines. I hope yours doesn't turn out to be one of them. There were actuator problems, wheel sensors, leaks, the list went on and on. It was all under warranty, but so much down time.
I hope i didn't just jinx you o_O
I ran it all day today up on the mountain in skid steer mode but the nice thing heading back home in all wheel steer crossing finshed lawns not a foot print as a matter of fact that is one of the reasons I got it cutting 5 acres of lawn and lots of turns you don't tear up the ground. But when you need a skid steer just throw the switch and you into heavy duty work. The other thing is the ground clearance for mountain work I needed the clearance. I do a lot of logging The down side it has too many bells and whistles more things that can break I like simple . I do like the Kubota engine fairly easy to work on. I will keep you all informed if and when it fails hopefully not for a while Thanks Emil

toomacho

I ran it all day today up on the mountain in skid steer mode but the nice thing heading back home in all wheel steer crossing finshed lawns not a foot print as a matter of fact that is one of the reasons I got it cutting 5 acres of lawn and lots of turns you don't tear up the ground. But when you need a skid steer just throw the switch and you into heavy duty work. The other thing is the ground clearance for mountain work I needed the clearance. I do a lot of logging The down side it has too many bells and whistles more things that can break I like simple . I do like the Kubota engine fairly easy to work on. I will keep you all informed if and when it fails hopefully not for a while Thanks Emil
Congratulations! I'm sure it it is an awesome machine!

sparky

Congratulations! I'm sure it it is an awesome machine!
I,ve had the A300 for seven years now and for the most part am happy with it.
I do have to get the steering rebooted from time to time ;
It is nice to be able to switch fro, all steer to skid steer when the job calls for it.
Won,t go back to stairt skid steer.
Sparky