New Holland skid steer L555

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

plumalan

I recently had a mechanic replace the solenoid that feeds juice to the glow-plugs. It now starts very easily when cold. A new problem showed itself immediately. The bucket will not flip up and down. When I push the foot pedal I feel and hear the engine seem to pull down. It will only move up and down about 2 inches. It worked perfectly before the switch to a new solenoid for the glow-plugs. Could the new solenoid have been connected incorrectly caused this? Does the same solenoid feed the glow plugs and the hydraulic pump tilting the bucket. I suggested this as a possibility to the mechanic and he became incensed and said I was accusing him of messing up my skid steer. He became quite angry and threw his tools in his truck and left and told me to find someone else to work on my unit. Not being knowledgeable with hydraulics, I am left high and dry. If someone could help with this I would be very appreciative.

Tazza

Staff member
Sounds like a safety interlock, it will lock the lift/tilt out, i think they have bumped something getting the glow plugs working

rodbuilder

It has NOTHING to do with h hydraulics. The switch inside the New Holland seat belt latches is a REAL pain in the butt! If it gets wet it will stick and always in the position you are talking about!! Get some spray oil and shoot it inside the seat belt latch, then put the belt gizmo in and out of it several times. BINGO - done!!