New Holland L785

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ruko

I am attempting to bring this machine up to date as far as attachments are concerned. There are various ways to do it and I'm looking at the universal plate from SkidSteer solutions.com. This universal plate is directly attached to the existing old style plate by welding it on. After welding it on my existing old style plate my existing old style attachments, of course, will not work. I'm wondering if one could just bolt the new plate on the old plate? It could then be removed so that the old style attachments could still be used. Any one have experience with this? Thanks.

sandhills-elect

Just cut the old junk off of your other attachments and make them universal. You will not want to unbolt stuff to use them that will be a PIA to say the least. It is not that tough of a job with a welder and torch or plasma cutter. Good luck Brent.

irvi00

You can get a plate from e-bay to convert your old attachments to universal hook ups. Just cut off the old hooks and weld the plate on. Definitely easier than nuts and bolts. I think the plate is somewhere around 100 bucks. Otherwise, see if you can find someone to buy your older attachments and put the money towards new stuff! The old style attachments are hard to find so someone might pay top dollar for them.

OP
OP
R

ruko

You can get a plate from e-bay to convert your old attachments to universal hook ups. Just cut off the old hooks and weld the plate on. Definitely easier than nuts and bolts. I think the plate is somewhere around 100 bucks. Otherwise, see if you can find someone to buy your older attachments and put the money towards new stuff! The old style attachments are hard to find so someone might pay top dollar for them.
Thanks to both. Nuts and bolts would be a pain.