New Holland L555 Wiring Diagram- HELP!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

UnexpectedBill

Hi everyone- I'm a newbie to the forum, and skidsteers in general. I just bought a low hours 1989 New Holland L555 and am hoping someone can help me find a wiring diagram for my machine.
Here's the situation- The guy I got it from told me he bypassed the safety system and it had worked fine for years, but when he started it recently the bucket wouldn't raise but the tilt is working. Not really needing the machine he decided to sell it as-is. Being low hours and in relatively good condition I took a chance and bought it. This machine has the electronic module for the operator presence system and he was running it with the switch in the service position. He eliminated the seat belt and seat switches, cutting and splicing the wires together, so I kinda have a mess and I want to put it the safety system back together, fixed and operational.
Here's the problem- the 6 amp breker is good but there's no power at the seat harness. I have searched all over the net and cannot find a decent wiring diagram for this system. There's some unidentified wiring that the guy disconnected / cut, and I'd like to fix this right, and sure don't want to risk frying the electronic module by wiring it wrong.
Does anyone have a wiring schematic for this machine?

Ivan

Hi everyone- I'm a newbie to the forum, and skidsteers in general. I just bought a low hours 1989 New Holland L555 and am hoping someone can help me find a wiring diagram for my machine.
Here's the situation- The guy I got it from told me he bypassed the safety system and it had worked fine for years, but when he started it recently the bucket wouldn't raise but the tilt is working. Not really needing the machine he decided to sell it as-is. Being low hours and in relatively good condition I took a chance and bought it. This machine has the electronic module for the operator presence system and he was running it with the switch in the service position. He eliminated the seat belt and seat switches, cutting and splicing the wires together, so I kinda have a mess and I want to put it the safety system back together, fixed and operational.
Here's the problem- the 6 amp breker is good but there's no power at the seat harness. I have searched all over the net and cannot find a decent wiring diagram for this system. There's some unidentified wiring that the guy disconnected / cut, and I'd like to fix this right, and sure don't want to risk frying the electronic module by wiring it wrong.
Does anyone have a wiring schematic for this machine?
Look beside your seat and see if the wires going to the seat swit ch are unplugged. Iff they are thee should be a short jumper wire t hat he put into the plug for the wiring harness to get machine to work. If your seat switch is bad or unpluged you boom will not raise only the bucket will tilt. If he added t hat junpper wire remove it and plug seat switch back in. If you run it t his way being new to these machines you could get hurt or killed getting in or out of the cab. Just another thing is your seat belthooked up. Snap it together and see what happens assomemachhave to have thebelt pluged in

OP
OP
U

UnexpectedBill

Look beside your seat and see if the wires going to the seat swit ch are unplugged. Iff they are thee should be a short jumper wire t hat he put into the plug for the wiring harness to get machine to work. If your seat switch is bad or unpluged you boom will not raise only the bucket will tilt. If he added t hat junpper wire remove it and plug seat switch back in. If you run it t his way being new to these machines you could get hurt or killed getting in or out of the cab. Just another thing is your seat belthooked up. Snap it together and see what happens assomemachhave to have thebelt pluged in
Thanks for the reply. I have done the online research and found out about this. The seat harness is missing, wires cut, and I have a new one on order. The seat belt buckle switch is missing and the wires cut. I am planning to replace it too. From what I have read, there should be battery voltage to the seat switch harness but they are dead. I managed to raise the boom and engage the safety to open up the cover, and the 6 amp breaker is okay. On top of that, there are wires to the module cut and spliced together, so I really need a wiring diagram to sort this out. I have a manual for a Sperry L555, but it must be older bc it doesn't have the electronic module. According to the NH dealer my machine is a 1989. Unless I can't get it to work after fixing the obvious issues I don't want to bother anyone with questions.
The only question I have rt now is, do you know where I can get a wiring diagram?

Ivan

Thanks for the reply. I have done the online research and found out about this. The seat harness is missing, wires cut, and I have a new one on order. The seat belt buckle switch is missing and the wires cut. I am planning to replace it too. From what I have read, there should be battery voltage to the seat switch harness but they are dead. I managed to raise the boom and engage the safety to open up the cover, and the 6 amp breaker is okay. On top of that, there are wires to the module cut and spliced together, so I really need a wiring diagram to sort this out. I have a manual for a Sperry L555, but it must be older bc it doesn't have the electronic module. According to the NH dealer my machine is a 1989. Unless I can't get it to work after fixing the obvious issues I don't want to bother anyone with questions.
The only question I have rt now is, do you know where I can get a wiring diagram?
Maybe the owners manual ill have it. There is not a whole lot to the wire harness and it may be to your advantage to just buy a new harness. Look at the parts diagram on Messicks web site. There are2 different safety systems on these machines. One the seat belt has t be fastened and the other it does not need to be, This is the one like mine. What I found outalmost the hard way is anytime a switch is unplugged they ave to run a jumper wire on the machine end of the plug. If they do not do this not hing will work

OP
OP
U

UnexpectedBill

Thanks. I am willing to buy the service manual, but I already bought one and it is for the earlier version w/out the module. It's The frustrating. The manuals I have found online are reprints and they never show what the manual version/date of publication that they are reprinting so I can't tell if it's rt for my machine. I guess I just keep looking :(

Rogerr123

I can look when I get home. I beleive my 455 manual covers the 555 too. Only issue is there is no schematic for the module. That controls everything from bucket and boom to starting and the seat and seatbelt switches. The modules are expensive asf, if you can even find one. I have similar issues with my 455 but all of my seat and seatbelt wiring is intact and working. It's the module I beleive that's locking out my hydraulics

OP
OP
U

UnexpectedBill

I can look when I get home. I beleive my 455 manual covers the 555 too. Only issue is there is no schematic for the module. That controls everything from bucket and boom to starting and the seat and seatbelt switches. The modules are expensive asf, if you can even find one. I have similar issues with my 455 but all of my seat and seatbelt wiring is intact and working. It's the module I beleive that's locking out my hydraulics
Thanks- I'd appreciate any wiring schematics you have. I won't know if my module is good until I get the wiring sorted out.

Hogster

Maybe the owners manual ill have it. There is not a whole lot to the wire harness and it may be to your advantage to just buy a new harness. Look at the parts diagram on Messicks web site. There are2 different safety systems on these machines. One the seat belt has t be fastened and the other it does not need to be, This is the one like mine. What I found outalmost the hard way is anytime a switch is unplugged they ave to run a jumper wire on the machine end of the plug. If they do not do this not hing will work