new here and buying my first skidsteer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tnetractors

hello, i own a busy small engine shop and i am looking for a replacement for a small john deere 425 loader tractor. i am leaning towards a skid steer that can lift over 1500 lbs , mainly using forks for unloading transport trucks delivering zero turns and tractors in crates, just homeowner equipment nothing too heavy. There is a john deere 8875 near me , hes asking $11000 and has just over 7000 hrs, engine has supposedly been rebuilt.

Tazza

Staff member
With those sort of hours, the price seems a bit high to me..... Even with a new engine in it, you have pivot points and pumps/motors that will have worn.

mmsllc

With those sort of hours, the price seems a bit high to me..... Even with a new engine in it, you have pivot points and pumps/motors that will have worn.
Steer clear of machines with that sort of hours on them. You can buy a bobcat 773 for around that same price, just keep looking. TAZZA is right, there are other things to consider when talking about hour meter readings. A 863 / 873 is even better bet for extra lifting capacity. You can install counter weights on the rear door or over the rear axle for even more lifting ability; within reason.