New guy and have a question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Reds Skid Steers

Glad to find this site. Hopefully it's not full of smart a+=ses. I'm sick of being on sites where all people do is cut each other down. Well enough of that. Has anybody got any experience with the Brush Wolf low flow brush cutters? I have a 742b Bobcat. They say it runs on 8 to 15 gpm flow. I have 12. gpms. Opinions please or recommendations for something else. Thanks.

flyerdan

It sounds like you're right in the middle of the operating range, assuming it's this model?
The only thing I can think of that might be a drawback is if you have a lot of thick dense stuff to cut through you might have to go slower than you'd like, or take half swaths, like a low powered lawnmower in thick tall grass, if you will.

craigb93

It sounds like you're right in the middle of the operating range, assuming it's this model?
The only thing I can think of that might be a drawback is if you have a lot of thick dense stuff to cut through you might have to go slower than you'd like, or take half swaths, like a low powered lawnmower in thick tall grass, if you will.
742 pump is rated 11 gpm per my manual. That said I have a 60" brush cutter that is supposed to require 15 gpm. The 11 gpm that my machine delivers is marginal if you need to make extended cuts. My saving grace is my cutting is all hills and between trees. 25 ft is a long cut for me so going slow is my only option. The tractor will spin the mower fast enough to cut 3-inch stuff..........slowly. If you have open space to mow it will take a while. Run the tractor at rated rpms and you will be ok. -Dick

reaperman

I found a guy in norther Minnesota who custom makes brush cutters to fit the hydraulic system of any bobcat. In other words he specializes in low flow machines. Living in Mn myself, I had him make one to fit my 753 and its 14 gpm. The cutter works great, he said hydraulics are just a math formula. Use that formula and you can make anything work. If your bobcat gpm's fall on the high side of a factory cutters max flow it will work great. If your on the minimum side of the required flow your machine will struggle.

OP
OP
R

Reds Skid Steers

I found a guy in norther Minnesota who custom makes brush cutters to fit the hydraulic system of any bobcat. In other words he specializes in low flow machines. Living in Mn myself, I had him make one to fit my 753 and its 14 gpm. The cutter works great, he said hydraulics are just a math formula. Use that formula and you can make anything work. If your bobcat gpm's fall on the high side of a factory cutters max flow it will work great. If your on the minimum side of the required flow your machine will struggle.
Good information. Can you give me the name of that guy? I would like to contact him. Thanks again.

reaperman

Good information. Can you give me the name of that guy? I would like to contact him. Thanks again.
His name is Darrin, I won't post his last name online, but you can figure it out if you look at the name of his Facebook page link below. If you follow the link you will find his contact info. https://www.facebook.com/pg/kingweldingandfabllc/posts/

OP
OP
R

Reds Skid Steers

His name is Darrin, I won't post his last name online, but you can figure it out if you look at the name of his Facebook page link below. If you follow the link you will find his contact info. https://www.facebook.com/pg/kingweldingandfabllc/posts/
Reaperman, Thanks, I sent him a message. The wolf whatever one in Bemidji that I'm looking at says they can do between 8 and 20 on smaller ones. I'm wondering if his prices are competitive even thou he said they had to raise their prices in 2021. Thanks

OP
OP
R

Reds Skid Steers

Reaperman, Thanks, I sent him a message. The wolf whatever one in Bemidji that I'm looking at says they can do between 8 and 20 on smaller ones. I'm wondering if his prices are competitive even thou he said they had to raise their prices in 2021. Thanks
I actually talked to him the other day. He isn't far from my Son's. One son is a coach and teacher at a school bout 15 one way from him. My other son owns a business at a location about another 15 minutes the other way. I am actually going to go up and see his product. Thanks for the great help.

reaperman

I actually talked to him the other day. He isn't far from my Son's. One son is a coach and teacher at a school bout 15 one way from him. My other son owns a business at a location about another 15 minutes the other way. I am actually going to go up and see his product. Thanks for the great help.
Thats great, hopefully he has something that will work for you. Before I bought mine he said he always tells potential customers he will make the cutter. Then deliver it and let you try it out while he is present. If your not satisfied, he will shake hands, load the cutter up and take it back home. To date, nobody has ever been disappointed. I have a friend I work with that saw my cutter and immediately ordered one for himself.