new belt number?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lgehring

Good afternoon. Hydra mac 8a. Has anyone replaced the triple groove belt from the engine down to the pump? It is pn 5409-104 in the book. I bought an elcheapo 37 dollar belt and it keeps stretching. Has anyone found a Gates number, or any other major brand? Thanks for looking, Lowell

OP
OP
L

lgehring

Good afternoon. I thought you might like to know that i found the right belt! After digging through the internet and some old Gates books i found #6572 Gates belt. After setting it to 5/8 deflection, warming it at idle and full rpm it needed only 1 more adjustment. After warming it again it had not stretched. The 37 dollar belt would stretch to 3/4 inch deflection every time and jump and twist probably 2 1/2 inches at full rpm. The Gates belt is about 100.00. It deflects about an inch or so at full rpm. Well worth the money. Have a great day! Lowell

Tazza

Staff member
Good afternoon. I thought you might like to know that i found the right belt! After digging through the internet and some old Gates books i found #6572 Gates belt. After setting it to 5/8 deflection, warming it at idle and full rpm it needed only 1 more adjustment. After warming it again it had not stretched. The 37 dollar belt would stretch to 3/4 inch deflection every time and jump and twist probably 2 1/2 inches at full rpm. The Gates belt is about 100.00. It deflects about an inch or so at full rpm. Well worth the money. Have a great day! Lowell
Great work finding a replacement at a fraction of the price, this doesn't always happen, some are dealer specific.

Latest posts