New Altenator

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

greggo

Good Morning to all: Anybody got a good place to buy an altenator for an 843? napa wants about $230 I won't go into details what I did to mine lol Thanks Greg

djack

hey greggo i always get mine from bobcat an on occasion a local rebuilder repairs them

OP
OP
G

greggo

hey greggo i always get mine from bobcat an on occasion a local rebuilder repairs them
Hi djack: Napa sent it out and says that its shot.Ebay has a couple of places that sell them for about $100 I might go that route.Might try one more local shop. Thanks Greg

frogfarmer

Hi djack: Napa sent it out and says that its shot.Ebay has a couple of places that sell them for about $100 I might go that route.Might try one more local shop. Thanks Greg
My 843 runs a regular delco alt and I replaced it with a GM 1-wire alt from the Zone cost was 75-85 with the core charge; went with the 1-wire just for simplicity.

jmatt20

My 843 runs a regular delco alt and I replaced it with a GM 1-wire alt from the Zone cost was 75-85 with the core charge; went with the 1-wire just for simplicity.
frog farmer got it !! took mine to autozone ..put it on the counter ..he asked what it was from .... I told him he didn't want to know .. he said looks like a chevy ..took him a couple of tries but he found it 80 bucks with a life time warranty and they are open till 8pm .. you might want to wait till you get someone to help you that is old enough to shave ..the kids just know the computer to look up parts the old guys know shit !!!

OP
OP
G

greggo

Frogfarmer:Did the pully line up?And whats the extra wire for? Another question:Will the engine run without an altenator?(it just wont recharge the battery right?) The reason I ask is that when I bought the machine the wiring was a mess,I changed over each wire 1 by 1 but I srewed something up.I need to find out what I did first before I put another altenator in(dont want to blow another one) So can I run the 843 with out one?? Thank you much Greg

OP
OP
G

greggo

jmatt:Yor right the kid from PepBoys didnt have a clue.I got it at a rebuild shop for a quote Im waiting for them to get back to me I redid the wiring And I cant figure out what I screwed up Thanks Greg

Tazza

Staff member
jmatt:Yor right the kid from PepBoys didnt have a clue.I got it at a rebuild shop for a quote Im waiting for them to get back to me I redid the wiring And I cant figure out what I screwed up Thanks Greg
It will run without a working alternator, you'll need to keep the battery charged though. It needs to be left there so the belt will make the waterpump still operate, don't run it without!

OP
OP
G

greggo

It will run without a working alternator, you'll need to keep the battery charged though. It needs to be left there so the belt will make the waterpump still operate, don't run it without!
Thanks Tazza: I picked up a rebuilt yesterday will give it a shot in a few.Yep I wont run it with out the water pump spinning . Greg