need some help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jsmichalec

Hopefully didn't just trash my s160.!? Accidentally just put a gallon of 1540 in the crankcase fill plug. Any advice from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
J

jsmichalec

Why do you think that might "trash" the unit?
The oil fill is on top of the motor. After accidentally adding the oil in the crankcase fill plug, I check the dipstick and it was dry, thats when I realized what I had done. Total mind lapse on my part. I guess my question is where did that oil go and will it cause any problems.

Wayne440

The oil fill is on top of the motor. After accidentally adding the oil in the crankcase fill plug, I check the dipstick and it was dry, thats when I realized what I had done. Total mind lapse on my part. I guess my question is where did that oil go and will it cause any problems.
I don't have an S160 handy to look at, and I can't picture where you put the oil. IF you only put one gallon in, it might not show on the stick from a dry fill.

OP
OP
J

jsmichalec

I don't have an S160 handy to look at, and I can't picture where you put the oil. IF you only put one gallon in, it might not show on the stick from a dry fill.
Just realized there are 2 possible spots to add oil to this engine. One is on the top of the block the other is just above the fuel pump. You were correct sir, 1 gallon was not enough to show on the stick. Thanks for the response. Appreciate it.

farmshop

Just realized there are 2 possible spots to add oil to this engine. One is on the top of the block the other is just above the fuel pump. You were correct sir, 1 gallon was not enough to show on the stick. Thanks for the response. Appreciate it.
Should be like 9 or 10 qts if I remember