Need Seal Kit for Hydraulic Gear Pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Onfoot

Help! Trying to find a source for a seal kit for the gear pump on my 7753. Pump model #85501-30574. Seal kit p/n 6666340 (replaces old p/n 6655421,A) Have been calling Bobcat dealers and nobody has any in stock. Local dealer (Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada) can have a kit in two weeks. Meanwhile, 6" of snow dumped today and I have 1.5 mile driveway to plow... Need my Bobcat! Gear pump is fine. Just needs seals. Hoped someone might have a set laying around they could sell...

Tazza

Staff member
Have you tried loader parts source for a kit? I got a kit for a 763 pump years ago, worked just fine. https://www.loaderpartssource.com/
If it's a standard Oring, any seal shop will have it, but i'm suspecting it's the moulded type that is a little more specific though.

OP
OP
Onfoot

Onfoot

Have you tried loader parts source for a kit? I got a kit for a 763 pump years ago, worked just fine. https://www.loaderpartssource.com/
If it's a standard Oring, any seal shop will have it, but i'm suspecting it's the moulded type that is a little more specific though.
Thank you, Tazza. You are correct--LoaderPartsSource had one in stock and it's on its way. They were great to deal with, too. They have a passion, it would seem, for old Bobcats! :)

7LBSSMALLIE

Thank you, Tazza. You are correct--LoaderPartsSource had one in stock and it's on its way. They were great to deal with, too. They have a passion, it would seem, for old Bobcats! :)
don't be surprised if does not work...yes its worth a shot. but , worth a shot. remans are avail that have been tested for flow and function. . typically a reseal attempt fails miserably,

OP
OP
Onfoot

Onfoot

don't be surprised if does not work...yes its worth a shot. but , worth a shot. remans are avail that have been tested for flow and function. . typically a reseal attempt fails miserably,
As you say, worth a shot. I have not taken the pump apart. I removed the pump to get to the rear pump plate, so I need a new 0-ring to reinstall. I also needed to remove the rear cover--so need to replace the three O-ring seals. It was one of those seals that had blown when the head of one of the bolts attaching the plate had broken off. My theory is that the bolt had gradually worked a bit loose, becoming loose enough that vibrations eventually led to the bolt head shearing. Bizarre I know, but there was the headless bolt and there was the hydraulic leak and the ruptured seal. Anyway, it seems pretty straightforward to reassemble at this point, once I have the seals.