Need lower cab brace/void panel for 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ksstang

So I scored a OEM factory cab door for $200.00 yesterday for our 743. It's in decent shape. I'm in need of the panel that bolts in underneath the door to fill the void on each side when the door is on. I have looked and looked with no luck. I also need to two pieces that bolt on the cab frame that the door hangs on, and the striker. I'm more than likely going to make some side windows out of lexan or such since finding the OEM glass tracks, etc seems to be next to impossible. Thanks in advance for any info!

Tazza

Staff member
I think it would be something that a salvage yard may have. If I were you I would look to a local fabrication shop to make all the pieces you need. It's sheetmetal so it shouldn't be difficult.
Can you try and fabricate something? They don't seem too complicated

de03x7

I found a door for mine a couple months ago and also needed a panel. I found an old shelf out of a wall locker and used that to make mine. I did it using basic hand tools and it turned out fine. I bent cardboard to make a template and then marked the metal I'll try to get you some pictures this weekend

OP
OP
K

ksstang

I found a door for mine a couple months ago and also needed a panel. I found an old shelf out of a wall locker and used that to make mine. I did it using basic hand tools and it turned out fine. I bent cardboard to make a template and then marked the metal I'll try to get you some pictures this weekend
I could probably fab something. I'd love to see some pics if at all possible of what you did! Thanks!

OP
OP
K

ksstang

I could probably fab something. I'd love to see some pics if at all possible of what you did! Thanks!
So I've been searching salvage websites for bobcat parts and scored this brace fairly cheap ($75.00) and some OEM cab hinges for $25.00. After it shipped and I got it, I see that there is obviously some other pieces that I still need to fill the voids where your feet would go when stepping in or out. I'm guessing the piece that I'm going to show is the top piece that the bottom of the cab door seals to when shut. I'm also guessing that this piece bolts to the others? I wish I had a good picture of a machine that has all the factory pieces so I know what all I'm after. Here is the piece I got.

OP
OP
K

ksstang

So I've been searching salvage websites for bobcat parts and scored this brace fairly cheap ($75.00) and some OEM cab hinges for $25.00. After it shipped and I got it, I see that there is obviously some other pieces that I still need to fill the voids where your feet would go when stepping in or out. I'm guessing the piece that I'm going to show is the top piece that the bottom of the cab door seals to when shut. I'm also guessing that this piece bolts to the others? I wish I had a good picture of a machine that has all the factory pieces so I know what all I'm after. Here is the piece I got.
I don't know why that didn't post the picture!

OP
OP
K

ksstang

I don't know why that didn't post the picture!
http://s33.photobucket.com/user/kss...1-4B01-8579-BAAA6338AC70_zpskwc9fthj.jpg.html
 photo C2CA2F93-F7A1-4B01-8579-BAAA6338AC70_zpskwc9fthj.jpg