Need help to find date of manufacture on Bobcat 642

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

buckshot

Greeting folks, I have been working to revive an old Bobcat 642. I have replaced the Ford 1.6 with a replacement block and crank as well as many other parts in a complete rebuild....That being done I am going through the drive chains and brakes......In trying to find parts during this work and I am using the Bobcat's vin number 5014-M-14213. Yesterday I was at a local Bobcat dealer to order a transmission case gasket. I had the Vin and asked the parts guy if he could tell me the date of manufacture....He told me there is no way to find out when it was made....He further stated he had tried, in the past, to get that info on other Bobcats and was unsuccessful.... I find it hard to believe this is the case....Has anyone found out how to obtain a date of manufacture by using the vin and mod numbers ? ? ? Thanks for your help...If any of you folks are attempting or thinking of attempting to do any of these repairs and need questions answered let me know and I will try to steer you in the right direction.... Have fun, buckshot

bobbie-g

Hey, nice project! --- Let's see if I can get this right :) Go to Bobcat website www.bobcat.com Upper left hand corner, open "our company". A second "our company" choice will appear, also on upper left hand side. Open the pull-down and select "Help Center". Major heading FAQ should appear. Second menu choice is "serial number". There are a couple of ideas there that may help you. Let us all know how you made out! :) ---Bobbie-G

[email protected]

Hey, nice project! --- Let's see if I can get this right :) Go to Bobcat website www.bobcat.com Upper left hand corner, open "our company". A second "our company" choice will appear, also on upper left hand side. Open the pull-down and select "Help Center". Major heading FAQ should appear. Second menu choice is "serial number". There are a couple of ideas there that may help you. Let us all know how you made out! :) ---Bobbie-G
on my old 643 is was scratched into the side by hand of the fuel/hydraulic tank (i forget which side) it had date of manufacture i believe. dont have it anymore so i can't confirm but it was def there.

Luthor

on my old 643 is was scratched into the side by hand of the fuel/hydraulic tank (i forget which side) it had date of manufacture i believe. dont have it anymore so i can't confirm but it was def there.
on my old 643 is was scratched into the side by hand of the fuel/hydraulic tank (i forget which side) it had date of manufacture i believe. dont have it anymore so i can't confirm but it was def there. Same with my 743.

OP
OP
B

buckshot

Greetings Sir, I took your advice and directions to get to customer service. The Bobcat rep took my vehicle serial number (5014-m-14213) and was unable to bring up the old data base...but took my px and called me back in about an hour with the answer to one of my two questions ....My old Bobcat 642 was manufactured in 1985...I had also asked her for the OEM drive chain size....I was going to replace the drive chain and when I removed the Diamond chain I found 60SH stamped on the links.....I has always thought the chain size for this machine was size 80....She said that someone should be calling me with that information....I sure don't want to put out that kind of money for the wrong chain size....Thanks for your help Have fun, buckshot

OP
OP
B

buckshot

bobbie-g, I took your advice and directions to get to customer service. The Bobcat rep took my vehicle serial number (5014-m-14213) and was unable to bring up the old data base...but took my px and called me back in about an hour with the answer to one of my two questions ....My old Bobcat 642 was manufactured in 1985...I had also asked her for the OEM drive chain size....I was going to replace the drive chain and when I removed the Diamond chain I found 60SH stamped on the links.....I has always thought the chain size for this machine was size 80....She said that someone should be calling me with that information....I sure don't want to put out that kind of money for the wrong chain size....Thanks for your help Have fun, buckshot

Latest posts