Need help figuring out 743 radiator

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MalcolmV8

Hi,

I recently purchased what I believe to be a 1986 bobcat 743. That's what Bobcat tells me I have based on the serial number. Here's a pic of what it looks like. The jackass who sold it to me just painted it and restickered it according to bobcat and sold it to me as a 1990 743B. Regardless I'm not sure why the radiator is so different.

Here's what my unit looks like

IMG_3276.jpeg

Here's what Bobcat shows as the part number for the radiator based on my serial number.

bobcat-radiator-part-num.png

Yet look at the difference of the replacement radiator and mine. The replacement is way too small.

IMG_3827.jpeg

I have verified the part number of the replacement unit and even the dimensions match. Mine somehow is way bigger. My original also has studs sticking out the bottom where as the 6571713 listed for a 743 has nuts tack'd in and you use bolts to attach.

How do I go about identifying exactly what model radiator mine takes to find a replacement?

Thanks for any pointers
Malcolm

brdgbldr

Hi,

I recently purchased what I believe to be a 1986 bobcat 743. That's what Bobcat tells me I have based on the serial number. Here's a pic of what it looks like. The jackass who sold it to me just painted it and restickered it according to bobcat and sold it to me as a 1990 743B. Regardless I'm not sure why the radiator is so different.

Here's what my unit looks like

View attachment 6580

Here's what Bobcat shows as the part number for the radiator based on my serial number.

View attachment 6581

Yet look at the difference of the replacement radiator and mine. The replacement is way too small.

View attachment 6582

I have verified the part number of the replacement unit and even the dimensions match. Mine somehow is way bigger. My original also has studs sticking out the bottom where as the 6571713 listed for a 743 has nuts tack'd in and you use bolts to attach.

How do I go about identifying exactly what model radiator mine takes to find a replacement?

Thanks for any pointers
Malcolm
You have to be super careful when looking at parts by serial number. There can be more than one schematic and each will have different ranges of serial numbers.

Looking at the catalog with the SN 501911001 & Above, I see that there are two schematics that show two different radiators. 6571713 and the other is 6648820 (was 6630186). Without knowing your actual serial number, both of these could be wrong.

If you got the new radiator through Bobcat, they will take a return as long as it is unused and in sellable condition.

OP
OP
MalcolmV8

MalcolmV8

You have to be super careful when looking at parts by serial number. There can be more than one schematic and each will have different ranges of serial numbers.

Looking at the catalog with the SN 501911001 & Above, I see that there are two schematics that show two different radiators. 6571713 and the other is 6648820 (was 6630186). Without knowing your actual serial number, both of these could be wrong.

If you got the new radiator through Bobcat, they will take a return as long as it is unused and in sellable condition.
You are absolutely correct. I searched the schematics again and found the 6648820 you referenced and then searched a few of those listings on ebay and found they have the same dimensions as mine. Thank you for that.