Need Heater

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

uffda

I have enclosed my cab on my Bobcat 743 and now I need a heater. Would like to mount it next to me on one side or the other. I have ruled out the 12volt ones. I bought one but will return it, not enough heat for me. Any recommendations that will fit into the area I mentioned. How many BTU's would be needed to keep the cab warm and windows defogged. Am trying to keep the price down. Thanks

laurencen

we put one of the diesel heaters in the 843, puts out 8000btu easy install tee into the fuel line and supply 12 volts, hardest part was running the exhaust, great thing it comes with a remote, we can warm the cab from the house, they were cheap under 100 couple years ago

Chris 8603

My little diesel heater works great !!! Hit the remote before I get out of the truck and nice and toasty when I get in. Best of all if something happens to the motor I still have heat!!!

Chris 8603

I got the mount they have and put mine behind my head. I bought the small 2k heater. You might bang your head on it a few times. Lol!! But it worked really well. I would send you a pic, but I sold that one and have not put it in the one I have now. The exhaust I ran out the side of the machine though one of the squares. Double wrapped it and put a cover plate over it. They get nasty hot.

laurencen

looked behind the head and not great on the 853 at east using the 8K heater your head touches most of the time,

Chris 8603

Yeah there's not much difference in the two. There's just not much of a option on putting anything in the cabs of these machines. I tried putting it beside me but then my elbow was going to hit it all the time. Tried on the hump in the middle, but that was definitely not going to work with the exhaust pipe. The only other place I thought about that I I'm going to try on this one is to mount it on the top of the cab inside instead of right behind my head. Just not really a perfect place. I would like to pur it in the engine compartment. But it would have to be put in something to keep it from being filled full of dust and grime.

laurencen

looked putting in engine compartment but getting the heat into cab has issues, mine is in the center above brake, not great but works, on my Deere the heater is on the cab back outside, for the 843 this could be done and run the heat thro the rear window just switch it for lexan to cut the holes

Chris 8603

looked putting in engine compartment but getting the heat into cab has issues, mine is in the center above brake, not great but works, on my Deere the heater is on the cab back outside, for the 843 this could be done and run the heat thro the rear window just switch it for lexan to cut the holes
Yeah I have thought about putting mine on the outside of the cab too. Build a box to keep it clean and from getting knock off. Mine already has a lexan back glass so I was thinking off shorting it and adding a piece of sheet metal to put ducts in on both sides. Heck I would love to do that if I could add a/c and have both.

laurencen

best way to add AC is buy a new machine, my old machines are at work the 743 and 843 with the heater the deere is at the lake, it has the heater on the outside rear cab at home have the S590 air and heat.

these diesel heaters are not too bad sitting outside, I have one on the ice shack, works like a dam the heat out and intake I feed thro the side wall, the only issue is the remote temperature, with the main unit in the cold it never cuts' out.

its too bad they exhaust on the bottom, just maybe they can run turned sideways, have to try that some time

Chris 8603

Oh if I was still able and ran it all the time it would have a/c. I can do it, just not needing it enough to fool with it. Those heaters do work amazing. I have one in my camper. Those heaters can be turned anyway but upside down. That's makes a install a breeze.
As far as yours, do you not have the display on the inside. They make a extension harness to relocate the display. I have it that way on my camper. I bought a 8k thinking it would be to small, but I ended up turning it back to about a 6k.

laurencen

the one on the ice shack is attached to the housing no harness unfortunately and yes its only running 50% even on cold days on the ice

never tried mounting sideways, have to take another look at the install knowing that

Chris 8603

the one on the ice shack is attached to the housing no harness unfortunately and yes its only running 50% even on cold days on the ice

never tried mounting sideways, have to take another look at the install knowing that
Sounds like it works well enough in those temps wherever you are. Yeah mine is on its side in my camper

reaperman

Oh if I was still able and ran it all the time it would have a/c. I can do it, just not needing it enough to fool with it. Those heaters do work amazing. I have one in my camper. Those heaters can be turned anyway but upside down. That's makes a install a breeze.
As far as yours, do you not have the display on the inside. They make a extension harness to relocate the display. I have it that way on my camper. I bought a 8k thinking it would be to small, but I ended up turning it back to about a 6k.
Do you have a link to the 2k heater your talking about?

Chris 8603

This is just the first I pulled up

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230904_102711_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230904_102711_Samsung Internet.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 70