Need Bradco Backhoe Mount Kits for JD 240/250

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

N4HMRHAM

Hello out there! I'm looking for the Bradco backhoe attachment (Half)kits to mount a Bradco 9HD backhoe to my JD 250 Series II skidsteer. To attach a Bradco unit to a skidsteer or tractor, they make kits for different makes/models to mount on the skid/tractor side, and a mating kit to go on the backhoe side - 'half-kits'. The Bradco rig has two arms that tie the hoe mainframe directly to the skid body to transfer stresses directly to the skid frame rather than to the boom arms, cylinders, etc. The JD 240/250 Bradco P/N for the backhoe half-kit is 87274, and the skid side is 87275. The 9HD was hooked to a CAT 246, and that was modified slightly from an original New Holland hookup. But, the Cat rig connects the arms WAY down low near the quick attach pads (8-10" off the ground). The JD 240/250 boom has TWO crossmembers - one at the end of the arms and another larger one above that, so the hoe connecting arms would end up almost two feet off the ground and above the 2nd crossmember! Totally different hookup method. If anybody has some used kits, I'm willing to talk. I am in Charlotte, NC. Fred

skidsteer.ca

I seen a quick release 3pt link (from a farm tractor, available with NH or Deere) used to steady the bucket tilt cylinders of a large Cat using a 911pro JD hoe.
It seemed to be bearing the stress well and would be much easier to retrofit and much less expensive then the Bradco setup. You might want to consider this.
It just run from the frame of the skidsteer below the door to the base of the seat platform on the hoe. One spring pin to pull and it uncoupled off the skidsteer. Easy and simple.
Ken