Need a Solenoid for my 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kensteer

The Solenoid on the 743 looks pretty common. I know I can order one online but it seems like there may be a cross referenced part number, so that I can pick up one at the local auto parts center.

cdmccul

Up. Take it off and take to your local store. A NAPA or CarQuest type store is your best bet for knowledgable staff, but that's not to say that other stores don't have good staff.

Anyway, bring it in for a match, or take a few pictures of it and bring those in. You'll find one.

OP
OP
K

kensteer

Starter Solenoid. I am have trouble finding a part number that parts stores can use to find the right one.

cdmccul

Can you post a picture of it? Or post the bobcat part number?

I'll try to look it up, but you may beat me to it with the bobcat number.

What parts house did you try?

cdmccul

If you go to a parts guy that's not just a "look up" guy, and describe it... There's other options that will do the job. For exact "bolt in" you're kinda stuck... But the other alternatives might even bolt into the original bolt holes.

If you go to an AutoZone, you can ask them to pull the "F" boxes from the shelf. Like for part number F490. Part F490 has 4 pins, and the smaller bolt likely much smaller. But with creativity it would work. You'll have to figure out which of the two smaller pins is the switch signal pin. But anyway, if you ask them to pull that tray or box of "F" parts, you can look in each box by part number and find what your looking for. The solenoid you want will be in that range of part numbers.

If you go to another store, give them part number F490 and ask them to help you find things the same way as the AutoZone process. But again, you have to find a guy that's willing to dig behind the counter. I used to do it all the time at AutoZone, and at NAPA, when I was a partsman.

OP
OP
K

kensteer

This is the Solenoid for my old 743. When I search Bobcat with my machine's serial number, it doesn't come up. I guess their data base doesn't go back that far.

Attachments

• Solenoid 2.jpg
    Solenoid 2.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Solenoid.jpg
    Solenoid.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 48

cdmccul

Their database goes back, my machine is older than yours. But it might not be the original starter. Let me go digging again.

What's your serial?

cdmccul

Ok, found it.

Looking for a part number your local stores would have.

It is NAPA part number ST114... But that's over $400... Typical of NAPA prices. But clearly it is worth much less and available for less than $50 in some places.

Oh, and I DO see it in Bobcat's catalog.

cdmccul

This link:

has several other part numbers you might be able to chase down at a tractor dealer store that could have on hand or order for you. If you had a Gleaner or Allis dealer near by, you could give them number 71357415 and see if they have on hand.

Good luck!

haymaker

This link:

has several other part numbers you might be able to chase down at a tractor dealer store that could have on hand or order for you. If you had a Gleaner or Allis dealer near by, you could give them number 71357415 and see if they have on hand.

Good luck!
I see that part number for 35 bucks at "all states ag parts"