N/H LX865 TURBO IS IT GOOD?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MADDADDY30

HEY GUYS, NEW HERE AND NEW TO SKID STEERS. IM LOOKING AT A LX865 TURBO AND IM WONDERING ARE THEY GOOD MACHINES? LOOKING AT A DEAL FOR A PACKAGE WITH 2600HR MACHINE, TOOTH BUCKET, GRAPPLE AND HUDSON 18 FT TRAILER FOR 15K.. LOOKS GOOD ENDER THE SEAT DOESNT APPEAR TO HAVE ANY LEAKS BUT THERE IS A LEAK DRIPPING UNDER THE MACHINE, ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!

THANKS GUYS

Attachments

• received_287287676816301.jpeg
    received_287287676816301.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 119
  • received_687808049143648.jpeg
    received_687808049143648.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_20220503-143557_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220503-143557_Facebook.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 115

mrbb

I own one, and been rather happy , for what I wanted a skid steer for(mostly plowing snow and some smaller projects about a small property I have it at!)

so it might come down to what you plan to do with it
IMO< this model is rather solid footed, wide long wheel base makes it a tad better than some others on side uneven ground
its also a rather heavy skid steer,with good lift ability

the hoses under the seat look decent condition, and thats good as its not so much fun to have to tilt the cab to get to them, a lot has to come off machine to do so!
ties seem good
machine has seen some use that's for sure looking at the dings and dents and how the rear door seems to be!

OEM parts are getting harder to find on certain parts, but a lot of parts on this model, are shared with newer NH models!
like all older models, inventory on parts is drying up, and there not really making more of them!

and , it looks like it has been painted at some point , so that tends to hide some things, so keep that in mind, and also there are
NO rear weights,
so if you plan to lift a lot of heavier things, might be worth adding

in MY area the LX 865's will run from about 9 to 14K with 2000-4000 hours on them
I have mine about 8 yrs now, and again been happy with it so far, , but I also sunk about 5 grand into over them yrs on some parts that just aged out and needed replacing!
I would make the effort to find out where its leaking fluid from, and MAKING sure, what fluids are in the machine
as these older machines were designed to run 10w30 oil in the hydraulic system and NOT hydraulic fluid
it basically runs the same oil in motor as in hydraulic's
some folks have altered things, (and according to my repair guys, it ends up with more issue's if they have done so) but you want to know
what is in things before you change or replace, to keep things the same
so I would for sure inquire

MY machine had a fluid leak from a aged out hose at the bottom of the hydraulic tank, and ended up having to tilt the cab to replace it, a rather large job, all the more so if your PAYING someone in a shop to do for you, it can be a costly job due to the design of how the cab tilts over more modern user friendly machines in that area!
which is a draw against this machine IMO also why I replaced ALL the hoses under the cab when I repaired the leak on mine HAHA!

but over all if well cared for, there a decent older machine, IMO!

mrbb

also, after looking at your pic;'s a tad better, it seems someone disabled the seat belt, and the cover over the foot well is missing its bolts, so, maybe inquire why that is

seat belt is a safety deal, just be aware and let anyone that runs it know so!

Wayne440

... seat belt is a safety deal, just be aware and let anyone that runs it know so!

My advice- IF anyone besides yourself will ever run that machine, repair the seatbelt and any associated safety interlocks. If someone else runs it and you "let them know" about a safety issue, you may have just ended up taking responsibility for an injury arising from use of the machine. If you don't let them know, you may be found responsible for failure to disclose a known hazard. It is a no win situation.