N/H L190

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Steve Smith

Does anybody have any idea how hard it is to install a new oil pump. Machine has no oil pressure or flow from the filter housing. Machine has 1400 hours and has set for 3 years. My grandson bought it for his wood cutting business. Engine runs but shuts down due to low oil pressure.
Thanks

Attachments

• 5C173929-BD1E-4DC9-9DD6-B58104FA8D22.jpeg
    5C173929-BD1E-4DC9-9DD6-B58104FA8D22.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 54

Topper1

I would test the oil pressure switch, electrical and oil system with a mechanical guage before tackling a major. More than likely an electrical gremlin or stuck sensor after sitting for so long.
That being said, they're not horrible to change. Just a bit in depth and time consuming. Case & New Holland are essentially the same machine with some mechanical & aesthetic differences. Do some research into whether you are mechanically capable of the endeavor before digging in.
The case new holland parts store (https://www.mycnhistore.com/) should help a bit. Your machine is basically a case 445 series 3 or case 450 series 3 with the same 445T/M3 engine.

OP
OP
S

Steve Smith

I would test the oil pressure switch, electrical and oil system with a mechanical guage before tackling a major. More than likely an electrical gremlin or stuck sensor after sitting for so long.
That being said, they're not horrible to change. Just a bit in depth and time consuming. Case & New Holland are essentially the same machine with some mechanical & aesthetic differences. Do some research into whether you are mechanically capable of the endeavor before digging in.
The case new holland parts store (https://www.mycnhistore.com/) should help a bit. Your machine is basically a case 445 series 3 or case 450 series 3 with the same 445T/M3 engine.
Checked by procedure and no pressure, also pulled switch and turned motor over, still no oil or pressure, pulled filter housing/cooler cover started machine and no oil flow, should have made a big mess. I don't have shop manual but it looks like the pump can be changed without removing engine??? Thanks for you help!

Latest posts