My new trailer.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Eric

Here are some photos of my new equipment trailer. Its a Zieman 2660 with abs air brakes and l.e.d. lights. It has a gross vehicle weight rating of 25,000 pounds and a 22' deck with a 5' beaver tail. What brand and size trailers do you guys have?
IMG_6950Medium.jpg
IMG_6949Medium.jpg
IMG_6948Medium.jpg
IMG_6947Medium.jpg
IMG_7003Medium.jpg
IMG_7001Medium.jpg
IMG_6965copyMedium.jpg
IMG_6967Medium.jpg

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

Nice pics! Sure holds that 963 well...
It sure does. Im hoping next year that I can squeeze a 430 mini excavator on there to complete my set up. I may have to upgrade to a 2710 with a 36,000 pound G.V.W.R.

janb

I like the trailer AND the truck... I'm currently pulling a 24000#GVW EAGER BEAVER w/17'deck and beavertail behind my '93 Cummins 1 Ton 4x4 flatbed dually. My terrain is very steep, and the ole girl (truck) is not happy. I have to cruise around the local area in low range, and only use high on highway. I crossed the scales at 27,800# last trip on freeway. Tad heavy for stock 160 hp, but it will still cruise at 65 on ez freeway grades. (>5%) My pricing was favorable ($1200 for trailer and $5000 for truck), but I'm gonna need to upgrade. My 864 is my lightest equip, and I often take 3-5 HEAVY (1000# +) attachments (Stumpgrinder / 6-way / grapple / logging winch and/or BrushCat) I also have a 12000# trackhoe and a 14,000# crawler, so... looking for a bigger truck. I desire a Tandem 20-24' flatbed dump w/ detachable beavertail. That way I can leave the trailer home when I can't get it into worksite (often too tight for trailer+Truck) I want truck plumbed for pup w/ lots of HP (400+) and lots of gears and a Jake so I can haul grain during harvest, and use a flatbed for lumber, freight or Christmas trees in winter. Currently interested in a '65 AutoCar w/ 13 spd + 4spd brownie (I like the old ones)... I will have to admit... I prefer loading stuff on my neighbors 30' tilt deck ~50,000# trailer but it is a bear in tight places. Had to back it up a long windy steep, muddy driveway to drop some crane sections. That was not fun

OP
OP
Eric

Eric

I like the trailer AND the truck... I'm currently pulling a 24000#GVW EAGER BEAVER w/17'deck and beavertail behind my '93 Cummins 1 Ton 4x4 flatbed dually. My terrain is very steep, and the ole girl (truck) is not happy. I have to cruise around the local area in low range, and only use high on highway. I crossed the scales at 27,800# last trip on freeway. Tad heavy for stock 160 hp, but it will still cruise at 65 on ez freeway grades. (>5%) My pricing was favorable ($1200 for trailer and $5000 for truck), but I'm gonna need to upgrade. My 864 is my lightest equip, and I often take 3-5 HEAVY (1000# +) attachments (Stumpgrinder / 6-way / grapple / logging winch and/or BrushCat) I also have a 12000# trackhoe and a 14,000# crawler, so... looking for a bigger truck. I desire a Tandem 20-24' flatbed dump w/ detachable beavertail. That way I can leave the trailer home when I can't get it into worksite (often too tight for trailer+Truck) I want truck plumbed for pup w/ lots of HP (400+) and lots of gears and a Jake so I can haul grain during harvest, and use a flatbed for lumber, freight or Christmas trees in winter. Currently interested in a '65 AutoCar w/ 13 spd + 4spd brownie (I like the old ones)... I will have to admit... I prefer loading stuff on my neighbors 30' tilt deck ~50,000# trailer but it is a bear in tight places. Had to back it up a long windy steep, muddy driveway to drop some crane sections. That was not fun
Is your trailer a tag or goose neck? Was 27,800 your gross vehicle combination weight or just the trailer? Sounds like you had a hell of a price for the truck and trailer.

Mcharley

Hey Eric, Very Nice Looking Equipment!!! You guys all want big transporters??? I used to have big stuff to.Got real tired of all the hassles with DOT,ICC, Weight Stations,CDL's,Medical cards, etc. A big pain in the a**. I use a single axle IH with a 88" walk in sleeper tagged as a motorhome and pull goosenecks as long as 40' both open and enclosed for the differant things I do.