my new 610

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

maineshops

when my 610 was delivered i wasn't home so i didn't get e chance to talk to the owner. How do you put the backhoe on the thing. my guess is that you get it close enough to hook up the hydro lines and jockey it around? looks dangerous to me. At my age i don't move to quick anymore. Understand that i have never been close to a skid steer let alone run one You should have seen me the first time i got on the thing. it was a comedy to behold. ma has threatened to go public with the photos

Tazza

Staff member
I assume its one that you hook on the bobtach.
Drop the bucket off then go hook the bobtach under the hoe then lock it with the arms on the bobtach. It should tilt back and have something to secure it to the frame of the machine for stability. Hook up the hydro lines and you should be good to go. It needs to be secured to the frame of the machine or else it will flop around and throw you about when sitting on it.

OP
OP
M

maineshops

I assume its one that you hook on the bobtach.
Drop the bucket off then go hook the bobtach under the hoe then lock it with the arms on the bobtach. It should tilt back and have something to secure it to the frame of the machine for stability. Hook up the hydro lines and you should be good to go. It needs to be secured to the frame of the machine or else it will flop around and throw you about when sitting on it.
what is a bobtach? i don't know all the nomenclature and buzzwords yet. The hoe attaches to 4 hooks on the main frame. it seems you have to raise the arms up ans secure them with a pin on top of the cab that slides sideways to block the arms from dropping.. the problem is that the hooks on the machine are higher than the two rods on the hoe so you have to somehow raise the hoe to do this. a competent operator can probably do this but the hoe is very unstable. the stabilizers are very close in to the center-line of the hoe making it tipsy. one problem is that one of the feet is missing on the stabilizers. I'm in the process of making two new ones and that should help some.

Tazza

Staff member
what is a bobtach? i don't know all the nomenclature and buzzwords yet. The hoe attaches to 4 hooks on the main frame. it seems you have to raise the arms up ans secure them with a pin on top of the cab that slides sideways to block the arms from dropping.. the problem is that the hooks on the machine are higher than the two rods on the hoe so you have to somehow raise the hoe to do this. a competent operator can probably do this but the hoe is very unstable. the stabilizers are very close in to the center-line of the hoe making it tipsy. one problem is that one of the feet is missing on the stabilizers. I'm in the process of making two new ones and that should help some.
The bobtach is the part that the bucket attach's to. There should be 2 levers used to lock it on. You will need to lift the arms up to get them to hook on the supports. If you can't the attachment high enough to get it on the bobtach you can hook up the hydro lines and use the stabilizer legs to lift it up.

mrfixitpaul

The bobtach is the part that the bucket attach's to. There should be 2 levers used to lock it on. You will need to lift the arms up to get them to hook on the supports. If you can't the attachment high enough to get it on the bobtach you can hook up the hydro lines and use the stabilizer legs to lift it up.
The older models like the 610 used to have the lift arms in the air (over the operators head) and the backhoe attached to the frame. I've seen in pictures only, not up close so not sure about the hydraulic hoses

OP
OP
M

maineshops

Tazza.....ya that looks like the way to do it. it looks dangerous but i'll just have to be careful.i wish those stabilizers were further apart ... first i have to deal with the other issues like bird nest wiring. the previous owner was an absolute genius. i have never seen such creative ways to use bent nails. i just got a new alternator in her so i don't have to keep her on the charger.

skidsteer.ca

Tazza.....ya that looks like the way to do it. it looks dangerous but i'll just have to be careful.i wish those stabilizers were further apart ... first i have to deal with the other issues like bird nest wiring. the previous owner was an absolute genius. i have never seen such creative ways to use bent nails. i just got a new alternator in her so i don't have to keep her on the charger.
You should be able to use the hoe's outriggers to lift it. Once your get used to it it will be fine likely. I too have only seen photos of the old units with the loader boom up while the hoe was on.
Ken

Latest posts