My MT-100 track tensioner bolt is rounded help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MichaelMT-100

The bolt size is 1 1/2" very large and can't find a bolt extractor that size what can I do grind bolt down for smaller size socket? Bobcat wants about 450$ for bolt replacement!

brdgbldr

The bolt size is 1 1/2" very large and can't find a bolt extractor that size what can I do grind bolt down for smaller size socket? Bobcat wants about 450$ for bolt replacement!
I am not familiar with your machine, but with stripped or broken bolts, I weld a large nut onto the bolt or bolt head and use it to extract the bolt.

OP
OP
MichaelMT-100

MichaelMT-100

I don't have a welder or 3 weeks to wait on a local welder doing that. And not knowing if it would work since the bolt is is hard to get to and is surrounded by metal

mrbb

if you can get to it with a screw extractor odds are you can get to it with a welder, if your local shop wants you to wait 3 weeks to get to it, I'd start looking around for a mobile service truck, ( you can even call about to rental places or Ag stores and ask who they use, or know of in your area, and also, most rental shops rent welders too ?? as a second option maybe for you if you know how to weld that is)
then with a mobile truck/welder, they can come out to site and weld things for you, if not just remove it for you, as most will have experience ding the weld a nut onto the head of things and remove that way, plus the heat from welding also helps loosen things up to come out easier!

as again if space is tight I also doubt your going to have room to try and re shape the head of the bolt to a smaller size socket

once you get bolt out, I'd replace with a new bolt, or if you can get specs on bolt size , try finding one online at a online bolt shop, I have to think they would be way way cheaper then buying from Bob cat direct

JakeK

Easiest way is to weld another nut onto the head of the 1 1/2" bolt. There's lots of room to do it, the metal around the existing bolt wont interfere and it would be a 10 minute job for anyone who welds.

OP
OP
MichaelMT-100

MichaelMT-100

Update Bobcat said track tension bolt replacement would be 3500$ ! I went and picked up my machine

Latest posts