Mustang 940e operator manual

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MustangBob

Hi, I'm new to the Forum and live on the other side of the world in Australia.
Thanks for the support the Forum offers.

I picked up a Mustang 940e wheeled loader as part of a property purchase.
I have copies of the spare parts and service manuals which is good but…. We managed to lose the Operators Manual during a relocation of the unit.

I cannot find a copy for downloading or for sale on the internet?
Obviously these units are less common in Australia as is dealership/support etc

Does anyone have a spare copy or a link where I can download an Operator's Handbook/ Manual please?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bob

chief78cj7

I have one in complete but rough shape.. it was in the skid steer for its life when my step father owned it but now I put it inside... hit me up if you'd like a copy. I'll have to take pictures of the entire thing but I've been thinkig of doing it so preserve a copy and yea.. because I can't find it online either. [email protected]

chief78cj7

Online.........
Hmm.. I dind't before but now I find it online. For instance:
I note the part number has an added "A" on it.

Mine......
Mine is part number 000-11883, and has a yellow cover on it. I guess mine is very early? I note there are service notations from July of 1989... with an oil change at Sept 1990. But the first year for a Mustang 940 was 1991, right? I dropped a pic of that page in this message just for others to see. Maybe the 1991 model years were out in Summer of 1989?? Confused there.......

So, this copy...........
I scanned it, put all the pages in a PDF. All pages there PLUS 1. I'm not sure why but page 39, the Hydraulic System Diagram is in there twice... a 2nd page was stapled over the original page. Its nearly identical but has a slightly differently explanation. regardless, I'm including both pages.

I'm posting this here in case anyone else needs a copy and can't find anything online.

Attachments

• Mustang940_PageWithDates.jpg.gif
    Mustang940_PageWithDates.jpg.gif
    225.6 KB · Views: 436
  • Mustang940_OperatorsManualFrontPage.gif
    Mustang940_OperatorsManualFrontPage.gif
    225.9 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MustangBob

Online.........
Hmm.. I dind't before but now I find it online. For instance:
I note the part number has an added "A" on it.

Mine......
Mine is part number 000-11883, and has a yellow cover on it. I guess mine is very early? I note there are service notations from July of 1989... with an oil change at Sept 1990. But the first year for a Mustang 940 was 1991, right? I dropped a pic of that page in this message just for others to see. Maybe the 1991 model years were out in Summer of 1989?? Confused there.......

So, this copy...........
I scanned it, put all the pages in a PDF. All pages there PLUS 1. I'm not sure why but page 39, the Hydraulic System Diagram is in there twice... a 2nd page was stapled over the original page. Its nearly identical but has a slightly differently explanation. regardless, I'm including both pages.

I'm posting this here in case anyone else needs a copy and can't find anything online.

OP
OP
M

MustangBob

Once again I can't sufficiently express my thanks for the support provided by individuals and forums such as this.
I had an original owners manual but it was lost during transit when towing the Mustang to another distant location.
I "inherited " the unit with a 20 acre property that we purchased.
I was never sure of its service history so recently gave it a thorough service.
I must have shocked it because not long after it threw a left hand drive chain…Bah!
I have removed the seat and lever controls and accessed the chain box covers.
Now to fix it.
Thanks
Bob

OP
OP
M

MustangBob

Have you picked up a service manual for that yet?
Yes thanks
I have a photocopy of both the Service manual and the spare parts manual that came with the unit.
It was only the original owners/ operators manual that I lost and could not find.
Cheers
Bob