Mustang 920 skid steer won't shut off

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

34fordman

My skid steer will not shut off. It has a yanmar diesel engine. Have been told to check the fuel shut off solenoid, but I cannot find it. Any suggestions on where it is and any way of fixing it without replacing? Please help.

Tazza

Staff member
You will need to check around the injector pump, there should be a solenoid if its not a mechanical shut off. It could simply be some junk got into it and a clean may fix it.
Depending on the type of setup it could be a 1 or 3 wire solenoid. If you can't find it, look for wires going to the engine around the injector pump.

Land-Tech

You will need to check around the injector pump, there should be a solenoid if its not a mechanical shut off. It could simply be some junk got into it and a clean may fix it.
Depending on the type of setup it could be a 1 or 3 wire solenoid. If you can't find it, look for wires going to the engine around the injector pump.
The fuel shut-off selinoid is on the firewall side of the injection pump, on top. May have to remove air cleaner housing. This is on a 2040 with yanmar 4-cyl. Mine shorted out and would not start. Local dealer did not have one ,Alaska Diesel Electric sold Yanmar marine, so I was to get the part from them. I had a 940 that had same engine-drive train except without all lock-out sensors and safety stuff. I'm not familiar with the 920.