Mustang 2060

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Terburn

Hi all. Does anyone happen to have a parts/service manual for a Mustang 2060 they want to sell. I really need to see the fuel system parts and a picture. If not selling could maybe email me a copy of that page. Im getting no resistance on the pump when trying to prime. Think I may have lost a spring or maybe a bladder of some kind underneath that may have a hole? Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks so much.

flyerdan

I moved this to the Mustang forum where it's more likely to be seen by people with the info you need.

Tazza

Staff member
I moved this to the Mustang forum where it's more likely to be seen by people with the info you need.
I'ts possible the pump has failed internally, you could always get an inline hand primer like Bobcat use and see if that fixes your issue, they are cheap from boating stores.
Image result for boat hand primer

OP
OP
T

Terburn

Thank You.
The pump Im talking about is built into the fuel filter assembly. Im wondering if it has a bladder or spring that could be getting sucked down a bit and shutting off the fuel supply partially. There is no resistance when pumping it and just trying to eliminate potential problems. The skid steer starts ok but then after running about 40 seconds or putting under a load it starts running rough and seems starved for fuel. Has no power when increasing the throttle. Just a hit or miss till I can find someone local to work on it. Having a hard time with that.

Tazza

Staff member
The pump Im talking about is built into the fuel filter assembly. Im wondering if it has a bladder or spring that could be getting sucked down a bit and shutting off the fuel supply partially. There is no resistance when pumping it and just trying to eliminate potential problems. The skid steer starts ok but then after running about 40 seconds or putting under a load it starts running rough and seems starved for fuel. Has no power when increasing the throttle. Just a hit or miss till I can find someone local to work on it. Having a hard time with that.
If it's a pump built into the filter housing, i feel this is a priming pump, not the actual lift pump.
Still, an inline pump is a good idea for testing, when the machine bogs down, get out and give it a good squeeze and see if the engnine picks up, if it does, your lift pump is probably bad.

Mustang Guy

mustang 2060 skid steer starts and dies
Welcome to the Forum!
I had that same problem with my 2040, and it would run as long as the starter was engaged. Really had me scratching my head. Finally found out it was the timer relay located behind the upper dash in the middle. Iirc, the part number is the same as a Gehl.

Firefighter

Charge Pressure Fault can cause them to do that, also seat belt/switch, if it runs with mode switch in red
Also check fuses for corrosion

aziz

i think control module is bad, can somebody help me how to test it.
i tested the control module, its bad, seems like some loose conection in it, it works then it quit. any idea on repairing it.