Mustang 2044 hydraulic oil question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wirenut

Haven't used my 2044 for about a year. Its in a garage all the time. Over the winter I changed the air, oil and fuel filters. I also changed the oil. I checked the Hydraulic oil and it didn't show up on the dipstick. I got a gallon of Hy-gard and it took the whole gallon before it showed up on the dipstick. Today I went out to the garage and found a big puddle of hydraulic oil under the loader behind the left rear tire. I took the cap off and pulled the dipstick out and the stick had oil just about to the top. When I look down the dipstick tube the oil comes 1/3 the way up the tube and looks green in the tube…..I brought a piece of white paper in and let the oil drip on the white paper……it has an ORANGE tint to it. #1, what would cause the hydraulic oil to leak out like that (the past 2 days, yesterday and saturday it was in the 90's)……#2. Why would the hydraulic oil have an orange tint to it??. #3. How can I drain it down to get it at the proper level on the dipstick? Thanks in advance for any thoughts!!

Firefighter

Assuming the garage is not heated ,its possible when you filled it in the winter, with the warm weather it can expand.
generally not that much unless it was overfilled, proper way to check is to push the dipstick down tube tube till it stops which is about 2 to 3 inches below the top of tube , factory oil they used had a green shine to it but actually had an orange/pink color
there is a drain plug on the bottom of reservoir or u can tie into the auxillarys n pump some out using the loader

OP
OP
W

wirenut

Assuming the garage is not heated ,its possible when you filled it in the winter, with the warm weather it can expand.
generally not that much unless it was overfilled, proper way to check is to push the dipstick down tube tube till it stops which is about 2 to 3 inches below the top of tube , factory oil they used had a green shine to it but actually had an orange/pink color
there is a drain plug on the bottom of reservoir or u can tie into the auxillarys n pump some out using the loader
Thanks for your response. Could you explain tying into the auxiliary's and pumping some out using the loader??

foton

does your machine have aux ports on the front of the machine you could attach accessories to? If so hook up a hose that you would use with nothing on the end but a bucket and engage the aux,easy does it , let it run into a bucket the amount you want out.

Latest posts