MTL Brush Cutters

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pls1911

Just helped my brother sort through all current extreme brush cutter offerings. His application id Texas Hill country cedar control. That means the best you can do is minimize rock contact and you will have about as tough a workout anywhere. Background and Full Disclosure: I have a 2019 Skid Pro extreme unit and it's an absolute BULL in those cedar woods, and has MUCH better rock and wood shrapnel control than the Blue Diamond units. I witnessed a Bradco Groundshark unit on a friends place a few months back as well, and was equally impressed with the weight, design and quality. The MTL unit came to our attention after I bought the skid pro unit, so it was the obvious first line comparison. The specs were very very close, with the 1/4" decks, heavy flywheels, open front. The MTL Unit had three axe blades vs the four blades on the Skid Pro, but the reality is we can't tell any difference. The MTL also has carbide teeth on the bottom of the flywheel to aid mulching. The shrapnel control on the MTL was absolutely the best. No more broken windshields (yet). The MTL was fully $2,000 less than the Skid Pro or Blue Diamond, and closer to $4K less than the Bradco or Diamond ( yellow equipment folks). Any apprehension we had about quality was dispelled when we unloaded it... it's as heavy in all the right places as SP or BD. teh design, materials, welds and finish was as on par as well. Any apprehension about performance was dispelled after the MTL simply devoured a hundred yard long pile of old cedar, leaving nothing but pasture slash and a few oversized stumps. Most folks won't operate in conditions as punishing as these, so take heed they mean serious brush clearing business. AND NOTE THIS: Everything I stated related to STANDARD FLOW machines, Bobcat and Caterpillar. The bottom line? Brother bought a MTL XCT-3 unit equal to my SP for $2k less is and laughing his way through the cedar breaks on the MTL, shreading old dry cedars trees, standing cedar trees, clearing senderos, deer blind growth, and brush encroaching on roads without issue. Buying on today? MTL