Melroe Bobcat M600 Dies when turning???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Palmetto Wayne

Hello All, I am looking to see if someone may know the answer to my problem or at least point me in the right direction. I bought a Melroe Bobcat 600 (Wisconsin VF4D) a couple of weeks ago. I've used it a few time since I brought it home. It seems to have been running and operating just fine with no issues that I am aware of. Well a few days ago I was just driving it around on my property when as soon as I would turn sharp right or left the engine would bogg down and even stall out and die. I would get it started again and at the slightest turn not going straight would stall the engine out. After a few times of it doing that I decided to take it back to the barn. I have tried my best to look up and research what the issue may be. My 600 does have a middle auxiliary pedal. I have made sure that was not it. I did a fresh oil and filter change. I took the heads off and cleaned all the carbon off the pistons and heads. Replace all the gaskets with a gasket kit. I've cleaned and checked the carburetor. I changed the fuel filter and checked all the lines. I got her all back together yesterday and she fires right up and actually seems to run better then before. So I hop on and take her out for a test. It seemed to be fine when about the 4 or 5 time doing some turning it started bogging down stalled out again. I'm scratching my head that this. Does anyone have any ideas, info, or suggestions on what may be causing this? Thanks in advance for anything!

brdgbldr

Just spitballing, since I'm not real familiar with that model.

Since the older machines did not have in-line hydrostatic filters, it could be something with your governor.

gearbox

If you don't have a timing light get one . you can't own a point distributor engine without timing it . Wisconsin engines are great but they need to be maintained . I have been rebuilding Wisconsins for a few years and I have seen many with broken top ring lands because the timing was to far advanced