Making hydraulic hoses

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dsmithson

I'm going to have to replace just about every hose in this machine. Where do I begin? Is there a chart to identify the damaged fittings that I want to replace Is there a specific style and strength of hose I should be searching for? Any help or information is greatly appreciated..

Tazza

Staff member
This machine is a bobcat 873 f model 5141 26101
There are charts on the internet to identify hydraulic fittings, most people take the hoses off and take them to a shop to match them. If you have lots of hoses to do, I understand that you want to do them yourself if possible. I believe you can get mobile kits with a hand pump to crimp your own fittings.

Joe Dickey

There are charts on the internet to identify hydraulic fittings, most people take the hoses off and take them to a shop to match them. If you have lots of hoses to do, I understand that you want to do them yourself if possible. I believe you can get mobile kits with a hand pump to crimp your own fittings.
It depends on how much price shopping you want to do. Last week my 863 27 inch oil cooler hose sprung a leak for no reason. When I took it off I couldn't find a hole. It looked new. I plugged one end and put the air hose to the other and there it was, a tiny pin hole. OIL COOLER? The factory hose had 2500lbs marked on it. 22yrs old never moved flexed bended or nothing. Anyway I looked it up on Bobcat $30. I didn't have to but I didn't want to wait so I went down to the local repair shop. $50???????????? go figure.

Tazza

Staff member
It depends on how much price shopping you want to do. Last week my 863 27 inch oil cooler hose sprung a leak for no reason. When I took it off I couldn't find a hole. It looked new. I plugged one end and put the air hose to the other and there it was, a tiny pin hole. OIL COOLER? The factory hose had 2500lbs marked on it. 22yrs old never moved flexed bended or nothing. Anyway I looked it up on Bobcat $30. I didn't have to but I didn't want to wait so I went down to the local repair shop. $50???????????? go figure.
That is surprising, i never thought the dealer would be that cheap. It shows taht it pays to check the dealer pricing.

farmshop

That is surprising, i never thought the dealer would be that cheap. It shows taht it pays to check the dealer pricing.
2 wire hydraulic hose works for most applications. Drive motors sometimes 4 wire but they get pretty stiff. On that machine almost every thing will be jic flare fittings