Making a power bobtach on 763g

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Johnboy

I looked at using a 12 v linear actuator but many of my attachments require a lot of force to activate the latches. I have decided to use a 12v hydraulic pump and a hydraulic cylinder. I can get the pump for $200 and cylinder for $79 and hoses for $60 for total of approx $350.I plan to mount the pump in the right rear engine compartment near the crankshaft. Going to run switch into the panel in cab. Please help me with any problems that I have overlooked and reasons nobody has tried this before. TIA

jloven14

I did the same with the linear actuator, as it was a cheap easy way to get a power bobtach on my s185. Unfortunately after a while, the pins stiffened up and the linear actuator ended up breaking.
Let me know what you decide on the 12v hydraulic pump setup. I thought of trying the same thing. I also thought about putting a diverter in the tilt side of the bucket, but not sure I would be happy with that either. Also trying to find a valve and just making my own hoses.

cdmccul

Do you have aux hydraulic on your machine? Just use that.

(I'm not familiar with your model... In hind sight I'm guessing your machine does NOT have aux...?)

OP
OP
J

Johnboy

I did the same with the linear actuator, as it was a cheap easy way to get a power bobtach on my s185. Unfortunately after a while, the pins stiffened up and the linear actuator ended up breaking.
Let me know what you decide on the 12v hydraulic pump setup. I thought of trying the same thing. I also thought about putting a diverter in the tilt side of the bucket, but not sure I would be happy with that either. Also trying to find a valve and just making my own hoses.
You can email me at [email protected] I will be working on it in a week or so when pump arrives