Main Control Valve leak? Bucket cylinders slowly lose position

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jlbart

Gehl 4625 tilt cylinders do not hold position very well. The cylinders leaked, so I replaced both cylinders and replaced seals on lift cylinders. The tilt cylinders still do not hold position. Assuming it's a leak within the Main Control Valve? If so can that be fixed by replacing seals on Main Control Valve or are those able to be overhauled?

Tazza

Staff member
The control valve will have seals that you can change, i have had this issue on different models that had bad seals on the load checks, not the actual spools that move in and out. They are behind plugs near where the hoses or tube lines attach to the control block.
Hopefully it is that simple.

Super M

The control valve will have seals that you can change, i have had this issue on different models that had bad seals on the load checks, not the actual spools that move in and out. They are behind plugs near where the hoses or tube lines attach to the control block.
Hopefully it is that simple.
Tazza, I'm going to hijack this thread for a question, I have a 3725 that sometimes when we try to tilt the bucket back it will go down instead of up, primarily happens when you are trying to feather the bucket back, could these load checks be the cause of that as well? Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, I'm going to hijack this thread for a question, I have a 3725 that sometimes when we try to tilt the bucket back it will go down instead of up, primarily happens when you are trying to feather the bucket back, could these load checks be the cause of that as well? Thanks
Sorry for the delay, i'm not on the forum as often as i used to be.
That actually is a tell tale sympton of bad load checks, i'd like to think it is the cause of your issue.