M970 Bobcat bucket drops at first when lifting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dtrndllc

When pushing the foot pedal to raise bucket, the bucket drops until you fully engage the pedal. Can drop very quickly if not careful. Just started doing this. What would be the cause? Thanks

OP
OP
D

dtrndllc

I'm assuming it's the valve that needs rebuilding, but was just wondering if there was some other linkage that might be responsible for it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I'm assuming it's the valve that needs rebuilding, but was just wondering if there was some other linkage that might be responsible for it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
There is a part called a load check that is meant to prevent this happening, they are normally hidden under plugs near where the high pressure lines join to the metal tube lines on each segment.
I have never seen one fail and have a load drop, but i was told that this is what they prevent, so it's possible that this is the cause.
There are no other linkages that can cause this to happen.

OP
OP
D

dtrndllc

There is a part called a load check that is meant to prevent this happening, they are normally hidden under plugs near where the high pressure lines join to the metal tube lines on each segment.
I have never seen one fail and have a load drop, but i was told that this is what they prevent, so it's possible that this is the cause.
There are no other linkages that can cause this to happen.
Thanks for the post. I cannot find one in the parts list anywhere unless they call it something else.

Tazza

Staff member
and also wouldn't it then drop for tilting?
In the parts diagram, look for parts that are spring loaded with a cap behind them.
You have one load check per outlet from the control block, so if one isn't working, the others should still function.
The load checks chould be behind the plugs on the left side. On the opposite end there might be a relief valve, this could be your problem too if something is stuck or broken in it.
Hopefully this picture will help:
p0040200.jpg