M610 question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kiwi M610

Hi Perry, I had an M610 for 2 years.
Mine was re-powered with an Isuzu diesel, not the petrol Wisconsin. They have a variable speed belt drive to a chain drive wet clutch system, this was reliable but expensive to overhaul if you have to replace chains and clutch plates/shafts. the chain drive and hydraulic system are combined and uses about 18 gallons of oil (hurts a bit when you change it). I ran mine with a 4n1 bucket (added some counterweight) and it worked well. A lot more tiring to operate than my 753. Still a great old machine.
Roger

sterlclan

Hi Perry, I had an M610 for 2 years.
Mine was re-powered with an Isuzu diesel, not the petrol Wisconsin. They have a variable speed belt drive to a chain drive wet clutch system, this was reliable but expensive to overhaul if you have to replace chains and clutch plates/shafts. the chain drive and hydraulic system are combined and uses about 18 gallons of oil (hurts a bit when you change it). I ran mine with a 4n1 bucket (added some counterweight) and it worked well. A lot more tiring to operate than my 753. Still a great old machine.
Roger
no brakes not fun with a stalled motor..........will build upper body strength..........also relatively rugged Ive seen a bunch still doing it after all these years Perry thinking of a replacement?a 610 has no electronics at all..........Jeff

OP
OP
P

perry

no brakes not fun with a stalled motor..........will build upper body strength..........also relatively rugged Ive seen a bunch still doing it after all these years Perry thinking of a replacement?a 610 has no electronics at all..........Jeff
Na! not a replacement, found one for $2500 including bucket. Thought for the price, it might be handy to have around for small jobs?.

sterlclan

Na! not a replacement, found one for $2500 including bucket. Thought for the price, it might be handy to have around for small jobs?.
some people collect cars myself its old machines of all kinds,motorcycle its an 83,snowmobiles an 80 and a 87,4 wheeler 87,the boys tractor 73 and my fav the bobcat is a 79 so if you can and have the means i vote yes.........Jeff